CENTER GROVE TRANSPORTATION DEPARTMENT
3653 W. Whiteland Road | Bargersville, Indiana 46106 | Phone: (317) 881-0555 | Fax: (317) 885-5125
ELEMENTARY PARENT INFORMATION
Bus Stop Locations
- Bus Stops are placed in a location that is best for all riders in your area. Center Grove Community School Corporation cannot provide door-to-door service.
- Most of our sub-divisions do not have sidewalks, and some are poorly lit. Therefore, it is important to remember that parents are responsible for the safety of the student to and from the bus stop.
- Bus stops for students will be placed in the same location (or across the street) as the stops on the morning and afternoon routes to avoid confusing the children and keeping ride times to a reasonable length.
- If a child needs to be dropped or picked up at a daycare location—it must be within the route and on a consistent basis. The bus stop designated for the location will be utilized. Alternating days, intermittent days must be left to the responsibility of the parent to transport. Please see our Daycare Web Page.
- Children make friends very quickly. Please stress to your child that he/she should go straight home (daycare) in the afternoon, and not to a friend’s home. This will help keep panic levels down on all sides.
- Students must be at the stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled pick-up and drop off time. Do not wait inside the house for the bus to stop.
- Learn your child’s bus number and the name of the driver. Many of our sub-divisions and roads have two or more buses that travel the area for other routes. Learning your child’s bus information will help alleviate confusion.
- Eating and drinking is not allowed on the bus for safety reasons. Please do not send breakfast or snacks with your child on the bus. Bus Rules Here!
- Please remember that the first and most important job of the driver is to drive the bus safely! It is the responsibility of the child to know how to behave properly on the bus to maintain safety for everyone.
- Review the rules of riding the bus with your child to ensure a safe and happy ride. The driver will assign seats to all riders for safety. Please remind your child to stay seated at all times.
- By riding the bus, it is implied that all students and parents understand the bus riding rules and will abide by them.
Stating that they did not know the rules does not excuse a student from mis-behavior or infractions of the rules.Bus Rules Here!
- All students should have nametags at the start of the school year to identify them for the school bus driver. Please make sure your child’s school bag has the following information on the inside:
- First and Last name
- Home Address
- Home Phone/parent cell phone
Bus Rules for Students
When waiting for the bus, stand still and at least 10 feet away from the bus stop as theschool bus approaches. Never run toward the bus.
- If your child has to cross the road—ALWAYS do so in front of the bus and WAIT until the driver signals to your child that it is safe to cross. As always, look both ways before crossing the street.
- Dropped books, papers, or toys should never be retrieved from under the bus. Let the driver know if something fell under the bus. The driver will be very happy to help.
- Loose strings, straps, or objects hanging from clothing or book bas can cause serious harm getting on and off the bus. Make sure everything is secured.
- Never—Ever—Run after a moving bus! If your child missed the bus, call our number (881-0555) and we may be able to get the driver to come back around if possible.
- Do not not remove items from your book bag while on the bus. Loose objects can cause many problems.
- Always use “inside” voices when talking on the bus. Yelling, screaming, and loud talking can distract the driver from their most important job--- driving the bus!
- Stay in your seat. Moving around on the bus is dangerous—including moving seat to seat.
- Keep your hands to yourself. Hitting, slapping, and play fighting is not allowed.
- Do not throw items on the bus. This is very dangerous for everyone—including the driver.
- Treat everyone with respect on the bus. Teasing or bulling other riders is not allowed.
- Help keep your bus clean. Do not throw trash on the floor. This keeps you’re your ride safe and healthy.
- If you have a problem on the bus, let driver know right away so he/she can help you.
- Always listen and follow the directions of the Bus Driver.
PARENTS--Please go over the bus rules found here with your student.