If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on the link and then click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report.
Thank-you! We appreciate your support!
The Center Grove Athletic Department
Congrats from the Weekend to:
· The Boys Basketball Team, who opened their season with two wins! On Friday night at Home, the Trojans defeated Southport, 60-51, and on Saturday, they traveled to Bloomington North and defeated the Cougars, 74-60. The team is 2-0 for the season. Good-luck this week against Pike and Martinsville.
· The Girls Basketball Team, who defeated Lawrence Central on the road Friday night, 49-19. The Lady Trojans are 7-1 for the season and 2-0 in the MIC. Good luck this week against Bloomington South and Carmel.
* The Girls game vs. Carmel will be the first game in the 1st Inaugural Basketball Day in Indiana. There will be no admission at Banker’s Life for the high school games.
§ Basketball is Indiana’s game. On Saturday, Dec. 10, fans can celebrate the state’s unmatched passion for the sport on Basketball Day in Indiana, a new event announced today by FOX Sports Indiana, the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever. Basketball Day in Indiana will feature five games – from high school through the NBA – played across Indianapolis. From the start at 9 a.m. through the final wrap fans will see 13 hours of continuous live coverage featuring three marquee high school matchups, Butler’s non-conference game against Cincinnati at Hinkle Fieldhouse, and the Pacers taking on Portland at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. FOX Sports Indiana will televise all five games, along with content chronicling the history of basketball in Indiana. FOX Sports Indiana will broadcast live throughout the day from a set on Georgia Street in Downtown Indianapolis outside Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Fans are invited to watch the live broadcast and take part in shooting contests on a temporary basketball court on the street.
§ Schedule for the day:
o 9:00 am: Basketball Day in Indiana Live (from Georgia Street)
o 10:00 am: Girls Basketball: Carmel vs. Center Grove (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
o 12:00 pm: Boys Basketball: Lapel vs. New Castle (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
o 2:00 pm: Boys Basketball: North Central vs. New Albany (Southport High School)
o 4:00 pm: Basketball Day in Indiana Live (Georgia Street)
o 4:30 pm: Men’s Basketball: Cincinnati at Butler (Hinkle Fieldhouse)
o 6:30 pm: Pacers Live pregame (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
o 7:00 pm: Portland Trail Blazers at Indiana Pacers (Bankers Life Fieldhouse)
o TV FOX Sports Indiana will broadcast live from Georgia Street in Downtown Indianapolis between games and throughout the day. All games air on FOX Sports Indiana and stream on FOX Sports GO. Fans can participate Come to Georgia Street for live broadcast and basketball shooting contests.
Athletic Events For the
Ø Boys Basketball (Varsity/JV/Frosh) @ Pike (6:00 pm/6:00 pm/7:30 pm)
Saturday – December 10th
Ø Wrestling (Varsity) @ Zionsville Tournament (8:30 am)
Ø Diving (Boys & Girls) @ Columbus North Invite. (9:00 am)
Ø Girls Basketball (Varsity) vs. Carmel @ Banker’s Life FH (10:00 am) - Free Admission!
Ø Swimming (Boys & Girls) @ Columbus North Relays (12:00 noon)
Ø Boys Basketball (Varsity/JV/Frosh) vs. Martinsville @ Home
o Varsity & JV – West Gym (6:00 pm & 7:30 pm)
o Freshmen – Vandy Gym (6:30 pm)
o Middle School North Night
o Pep Band
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
- The PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted;
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2;
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4;
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
Along with the PPE form, Center Grove Athletics require the following documents be included. Click on document below for hard copy: