2016 CENTER GROVE COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORP. BUDGET
OVERVIEWWelcome to the website for the 2016 Center Grove budgets. Here you will find information about the five funds that we are required to adopt each year in a public meeting. Here are some basic facts about the budgets:
Feel free to browse through the budget material on this site. If you have questions, you can contact:
- This year, the budgets will be adopted at the school board meeting on October 6, 2015.
- These budgets are all based on the calendar year: 01-01-16 through 12-31-16.
- This adoption process is guided by rules established by the State Board of Accounts and the Department of Local Government Finance.
- There is a tab for each of the 5 funds: General Fund, Debt Service Fund, Capital Projects Fund, Transportation Fund, and Bus Replacement Fund.
- Each of these funds has their own set of rules controlling what they can be spent for, how much revenue will be received, how they can be changed, etc.
- Each of these funds acts as if it were in its own “silo” (see illustration above). We have extremely limited ability to move expenses or revenues between funds.