KINDERGARTEN READINESSTo ensure that your child is ready and prepared for kindergarten, please click on the links below for more information about skills necessary for success in kindergarten and activities you can do with your child.
Kindergarten Readiness Documents
- Kindergarten Readiness Skills
- IDOE Kindergarten Readiness - Questions for Parents
- IDOE Kindergarten - Reading Readines Questions
- IDOE Kindergarten - Mathematics Readiness Questions
- Parent Activities: Fine Motor
- Parent Activities: Emergent Math
- Parent Activities: Letters and Sounds
- Parent Activities: Print Concepts
- Parent Activities: Sight Words
Kindergarten Screening ScoreThe Center Grove Community School Corporation kindergarten screening is a locally-developed assessment. The screening is designed to assess students’ foundational learning skills. The scores on the assessment are not a “percentage” or nationally “normed.” Rather, the scores provide information regarding students’ early literacy, conceptual, and numeracy skills. Each section of the screening contains a set of skills and total number of points possible. Your child’s score is a compilation of the points. It is not expected that students receive every point in every section—the screening is not intended to be used in this way. Instead, it provides a general awareness to your child’s kindergarten readiness and areas you may reinforce at home.
Thanks for your partnership in your child’s education. We are excited to work with your kindergarteners!
Kindergarten Readiness Videos
(Click the images or names below to view)