GOAL TRACKINGThe overall progress of each Strategic Plan 2.0 goal will be updated each quarter.
To learn more about each goal, click on the tabs above.
GOAL PROGRESS CHARACTER EDUCATIONPROGRESS UPDATE
- All schools are focusing on our monthly character traits. Most schools have banners with the character trait of the month, daily announcements sharing information about the monthly trait, and are rewarding students who exhibit these traits.
- Posters with each character trait described are hung throughout our district and community. Some schools are sending home newsletters for parents to reinforce these traits, as well as advertising the trait on their marques in front of their buildings.
- Our district weekly newsletter to staff highlights the trait of the month.
GOAL PROGRESS STEM INTEGRATIONPROGRESS UPDATE
- Class visits to the Innovation Center include teacher professional development.
- Middle school programming during Innovation Center visits are team/grade-level based.
- Elementary schools have STEM kits (Snap Circuits, Knex, Lego Bricks & Lego StoryStarters). BreakoutEDU, Rubrix cubes, Lazer Kits, Sphero, Google Cardboard, and Google Expeditions are also available kits to all teachers.
- Work continues on a Global Campus Innovation Course focused on development of innovation, creativity, 21st century skills, entrepreneurial thinking, and design thinking.
- Our achievements in STEM have received recognition at the community, state, and national levels. We continue to host site visits for schools throughout the state who are interested in starting a STEM/Innovation initiative.
GOAL PROGRESS CONNECTED LEARNING
- A fourth Brightbytes survey was administered and the results were shared with the building administration to plan for future PD offerings. This survey which helps to identify the areas of growth/need from the past year.
- We have implementated an online course, in Canvas, to house teacher PD and resources to facilitate the PLC process.
- Monthly Twitter chats were held on the last Wednesday of each month. Anyone is welcome to join, just look for the hashtag #cgi3.
GOAL PROGRESS TEACHER CAPACITYPROGRESS UPDATE
- During the 18-19 school year, Curriculum Collaborators are continuing to develop a district-curated curriculum. This work is part of a four-year plan to develop a curriculum that is both guaranteed and viable for our students and teachers.
GOAL PROGRESS YOUR INVESTMENTPROGRESS UPDATE
- Center Grove has utilized the results of a survey of White River Township (WRT) residents about their views of Center Grove Schools to identifed areas in which progress can be made toward improving the community’s understanding of the value they receive in their investment in Center Grove Schools.
- The district is implementing a marketing plan that addresses the goal to improve that perception among voters in WRT.
GOAL PROGRESS LEARNING NEEDS
- Center Grove is in its third year of implementation of a district-wide Professional Learning Community (PLC) model.
- During the 2016-17 school year, Center Grove launched the district-wide PLC model that was designed by a teacher/administrator committee during the 2015-2016 school year. All teachers are working in small groups to answer the four questions of:
1) What do we want students to learn?
2) How will we know when they’ve learned it?
3) What will we do when they haven't learned it?
4) What will we do to enrich students who have learned it?