- It has been proven that children who read at least 20 minutes a day, are more likely to do well in school. Therefore, it is important that your child is reading every night...yes this includes on the weekends! :) I am a mom of three and we all have very busy schedules, but we choose to make reading a priority even if we are reading in the car!
- R.E.D folders: These red folders will stay in your child's book bag every day. Inside you will find the directions and expectations, as well as a reading log for each week. Occasionally I will place a book inside the folder that I expect them to practice until they can read and comprehend it without mistakes. They will then bring the book back to school and read it to me. I will give them a sticker on the reading chart in our classroom and we are going to see how many books we can complete!!
- Some nights, students will be given a math or social studies sheet. It will be directly related to our skills for the day/week! If your child struggles with this homework, then they are not understanding what we did in class and I need to know!
- Spelling: Every Monday, students will be given words to copy into their assignment books and the words will be on the newsletter I send by email. Words and practice can also be found on spelling city..http://www.spellingcity.com/hitea
- Spelling tests will be given every Friday through Google Classroom, so online. Grades will then be posted for the spelling test in Skyward.