CGCSC has invested more than $5 MILLION on safety and security in the last five years.
CENTER GROVE POLICE DEPARTMENT
- The Center Grove Police Department includes four sworn officers (1 assigned full-time to CGHS) and three K9, one trained in narcotics detection & tracking, one trained in explosives detection, and one trained in munitions and narcotics.
- All school buildings and buses are equipped with radios that can communicate directly with CGPD, Johnson Co. Sheriff’s Dept., and other agencies.
- Building safety plans are reviewed annually by CGCSC and submitted for approval by the Indiana Dept. of Ed.
- A Johnson Co. Sheriff's Dept. substation is located inside the White River Township Trustee’s Office on CGCSC's main campus off Stones Crossing and Morgantown Roads.
- Another Johnson Co. Sheriff's Dept. substation is planned for the new fire station to be built near MSN and PGES at the corner of Morgantown and Fairview Roads.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
- More than 500 security cameras are posted district-wide and linked via network for monitoring by CGPD and administrators.
- Secure entryways built into all schools.
- Each school is equipped with a LobbyGuard kiosk to screen visitors.
- All classroom doors include thumb locks to securely lock doors from the inside.
- Volunteer background checks are required for parents who volunteer in classrooms.
- Lightning detection systems provide warnings to all schools when conditions are favorable for lightning.
- All school buses are equipped with security cameras.
- Each bus incudes a G.P.S. tracking system that monitor by CGCSC's Operations Center.
- Center Grove subscribes to the “Here Comes the Bus” app, which allows parents to track their child’s bus to and from school.