Because of you ...
The United Way of Johnson County and its agencies impactednearly 2,200 Center Grove students in 2017!
- 317 students received school supplies through the Center Grove Fast Track distribution. It is estimated that these students received $9,510 in school supplies.
- At Girls Incorporated of Johnson County, 25 girls participated in the after-school program or summer program at the agency.
- 16 Center Grove students participated in the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program.
- 886 students participated in Boy Scouts of America through Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts or their Venturing program.
- 197 Center Grove children received toys through Christmas Angels. We estimate that these children received $19,700 in Christmas assistance.
- 37 children from Center Grove received winter coats through Operation Bundle Up.
- 424 students participated in Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- 115 students participated in Teen Dating Violence Prevention and Awareness presentations and 200 learned about Abusive Choices Hurt Everyone from Turning Point Domestic Violence Services.
- Access Johnson County Public Transit provided transportation for 14 students in Center Grove schools.
- 10 Center Grove families participated in the Children’s Bureau case management services to assist with family stabilization. In addition, 10 children received subsidized childcare thorugh the child care voucher program.
- Human Services, Inc. assisted 11 families with expenses associated with child care, housing and/or utilities, allowing the families to remain in their homes.
- 11 students entered Center Grove Schools after participating in Head Start.
- 3 children's families received immediate needs/short term assistance with rent, mortgage, or utilities from the Salvation Army. In some cases, food and basic needs items were also provided.
- 5 young person received assistance through KIC-IT.
- 17 students participated in the after-school program at the Boys and Girls Club of Franklin.
- Reach for Youth served 29 youth in counseling and Teen Court referrals.
- 10 children received Safe Place presentations from Youth Connections.