Center Grove is proposing a project to address issues of safety, security and stewardship at Center Grove High School. The issues addressed in this project were identified through meetings with all of the departments in the high school, including faculty, staff, and administrators, along with several parent groups.
CGHS was originally constructed in 1954 and now covers more than 706,500 square feet. While progress has been made to update the facility, the list of projects yet to be started is long.
BEST FOR STUDENTS
This project is what is best for the students of Center Grove High School. It will improve safety and security, improve learning spaces, add an upgraded pool, and provide for additional classroom and group space.
- IMPROVE SAFETY
- Add safety/security features to limit access to academic areas during events
- IMPROVE LEARNING SPACES
- Renovate classrooms to Center Grove’s learning space standards
- New cabinetry, furniture, paint, carpet, ceilings, lighting
- UPGRADE POOL
- Relocate pool, expand from 25-meters to 50-meters, add zero-entry therapy pool, increase deck/spectator space and locker rooms
- ADD CLASSROOM/GROUP SPACE
Reclaim existing pool space and renovate that space into classroom and large group space
- CGHS will gain 11 classrooms as a result of this project.
BEST FOR TAXPAYERS
The project is what is best for the taxpayers of White River Township. It will provide for much needed improvements at Center Grove High School while keeping the tax rate steady.
- STEADY TAX RATE
- This project can be achieved while maintaining the current tax rate for White River Township taxpayers.
- IMPROVE SAFETY