TEACHER TRANSFER INFORMATIONWalnut Grove Elementary will be staffed by a mix of current and new teachers, just like all other buildings.The process for moving teachers to a new building was developed in conjunction with Center Grove's teachers' union, United Teachers Association of Center Grove (UTACG), and is published in the Certified Staff Handbook. Teachers are provided with an opportunity to share which grade level and building they prefer for the 2019-2020 school year. The transfer process gives consideration to teachers who volunteer to transfer to the new school with a goal of maintaining appropriate balances of teaching staff among all elementary schools.
The timeline for the transfer process is below:
- Early December: Discussed transfer process with UTACG
- Mid-December: Provide transfter process, timeline, & considerations with certified staff
- January 10: Placement Request Forms distributed to Grades KG-6 teachers
- January 25: Placement Request Forms due for Grades KG-6 teachers
- February-March: Administrators (KG-8) review Placement Request Forms
- Late April: Announcement of Walnut Grove staff and all CGCSC teaching staff changes