2020 CENTER GROVE COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION BUDGET
Welcome to the website for the 2020 Center Grove budgets. Additional information will be added to this site in the coming weeks. Here are some basic facts about the budgets:
- The budget will be voted on by the school board on October 24, 2019.
- These budgets are all based on the calendar year: January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.
- This adoption process is guided by rules established by the State Board of Accounts and the Department of Local Government Finance.
- A new structure was adopted by the state of Indiana for 2019 school budgets. That structure includes three major funds: Education Fund, Operations Fund, and Debt Service Fund.
- Each of these funds has their own set of rules controlling what they can be spent for, how much revenue will be received, how they can be changed, etc.
- Each of these funds acts as if it were in its own “buckets” (see illustration below). We have limited ability to move expenses or revenues between funds.
Additional fund information will be added in the coming weeks.OPERATIONS FUND