CENTER GROVE HEALTHCARE PARTNERSHIP CHANGE
NOTICE TO EMPLOYEES
The Center Grove Wellness Center will reopen on July 12 with Community Health staff in place. The link to schedule an appointment is now active.
In the fall of 2020, Center Grove added mental health supports for our students through a contract with Community Health. As part of this partnership, the district will change healthcare providers at our employee wellness clinic beginning in the 2021-2022 school year. This change was approved by the CGCSC Board of School Trustees on Thursday, October 22, 2020.
CHANGE FROM IU HEALTH TO COMMUNITY HEALTH NETWORK
In the summer of 2019, Superintendent Arkanoff and his team began talks with all of the major healthcare providers in the area to determine their interest and the scope of such a partnership. Through this process, Center Grove received options for a holistic approach to healthcare in Center Grove. The considerations extended beyond mental health supports for all students to include the employee wellness clinic, sports medicine, and school clinics (nurses).
Plans to begin a comprehensive partnership with Community Health were put on hold in late spring due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Knowing the increasing need for mental health supports for students could not wait, Community agreed to provide a range of services as scheduled for the start of the 2020-21 school year.
The comprehensive partnership with Community Health will include staffing and operating Center Grove’s Wellness Center, staffing all school clinics, and the staffing of athletic trainers and a team doctor. The CG Wellness Center, school clinics, and sports medicine elements of the partnership will begin in July 2021. Community Health will transition Center Grove’s nursing staff to become their employees and provide an additional nurse and trainer. No changes are planned for the services and benefits employees receive through the Wellness Center.
Center Grove appreciates the many years of partnership with IU Health through the Wellness Center and athletic training services. We are working with IU Health and Community Health to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible for our employees and their spouses/dependents.
WHAT WILL CHANGE
Center Grove's employee health clinic, the Center Grove Wellness Center is currently operated and staffed by Indiana University Health. As part of the comprehensive health partnership, Community Health will take over the operation and staffing of the clinic in July 2021.
- New medical staff and a new doctor who are employed by Community Health will be brought in to the clinic.
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
- Center Grove's medical plan will continue to be administered by Anthem.
- All of the services currently available through the Center Grove Wellness Center to employees and their families who are enrolled in Center Grove's medical plan will continue to be offered, including:
- Lab services
- Common medications prescribed during a visit
- Mail-order pharmacy
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) *
- Urgent care options will be available through the Community Health Clinics in many Walgreens stores and at the walk-in clinic at the Stones Crossing Health Care Pavilion, located at 3000 S. State Road 135, Greenwood.
* This EAP will be available to ALL staff and their household members, not just insurance plan participants.