The CGCSC custodial staff is implementing a 3-step daily cleaning process for all schools and classrooms during the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional cleaning will be done throughout the day for high touchpoint areas, including bathrooms. Processes are detailed on this page with links to additional information about cleaning products. All cleaning products are EPA-certified.
- Buses: (See Transportation)
- Custodial Staff: CGCSC custodial staff members are required to wear a face covering if they are unable to maintain a social distance of a minimum of 6 feet. All staff members have received new training guidelines to combat any and all dangerous bacterial and viral pathogens.
- 3-Step Daily Cleaning Process: CGCSC has implemented a 3-step daily cleaning process for all schools and classrooms:
- Step 1: Envirox, a hydrogen peroxide, orange oil-based cleaning product, will be used to clean, deodorize, degrease, and sanitize common “touch-points” which are: student and teacher desks, their chairs (handles and backs), sinks, sink fixtures, countertops, doorknobs, light switches, phones, glass, and bathroom touchpoints and fixtures. This product is very powerful, but yet safe for our custodians, students, and staff. It has a Green Seal and Ecological Certification.
- Step 2: Oxivir Five 16, an EPA-Registered Antimicrobial Product for use against Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, will be sprayed and allowed to air dry on common touchpoints, including student and teacher desks, chairs, sinks, sink fixtures, countertops, doorknobs, light switches, phones, and glass, and bathroom touchpoints and fixtures. This is a one-step hospital-grade disinfectant cleaner.
- Step 3: The Clorox Total 360 system combines the strength of Clorox disinfectant cleaner with the Clorox hard surface sanitizing spray to kill pathogens using an electrostatic sprayer system to reach over, under, and around surfaces. This system is an EPA-registered product that is effective against the Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. With this machine, staff can cover 300 square feet in 60 seconds and 18,000 square feet in an hour, compared to 3,900 square feet by using a handheld trigger sprayer.
- All three of these cleaning procedures will take place once a day after student dismissal. These three procedures follow normal vacuuming and trash removal.
- Additional Cleanings:
- The CGCSC custodial staff is implementing additional cleanings throughout the day for high touchpoint areas, including bathrooms.
- Teachers will be provided with alcohol-based wipes for their classrooms.
- HVAC: CGCSC is following ASHRAE Guidelines and recommendations for our heating and cooling systems. Air filters will be changed before school starts and monitored and changed as often as necessary. Systems have been modified to utilize as much outside air as possible to make as many air changes as possible in a given time period. All HVAC equipment will be programmed to run 24/7, instead of running in setback mode at night, to continue to move and replace air even in the unoccupied mode.
- Buses: (See Transportation)