Explore Summer at JCPL: Read for a Stronger CommunityJune 1 - July 31, 2020. Register for JCPL’s Explore Summer program, log your reading minutes and for every ONE million minutes we log as a community, the JCPL Foundation, through generous contributions from the Friends of the Library, will donate $1000 to a local non-profit working to make Johnson County a better place to live, work, learn and play! The more you read the more the JCPL Foundation will donate. pageafterpage.org/explore-summer
Girls Who CodeJGirls Who Code has created this resource with virtual options. Contact Jake Koressel with questions.
Lexile Find a Book tool & Quantile Summer Math Challenge
The Lexile® Find a Book tool helps students create a personalized reading list and then locate those books at the nearest library or bookseller.
The Quantile® Summer Math Challenge is a six-week refresher course for students in grades one through eight. For more information, visit MetaMetrics’ Summer Learning website.A resource guide is available here to review free, online reading and math tools that support remote learning. The tools can be used regardless of if students have Lexile® and Quantile® measures.
Free Online Summer Camps To Continue Your Kids Education
Free Online Summer Camps To Continue Your Kids Education - With summer quickly approaching and events continuously being postponed for the moment, summer is looking bleak for children. For families who want to keep their children's education growing over the summer but are worried about being able to afford it, here are some completely free online summer camps to keep your child's mind active and continuously expanding their knowledge.
IDOE Learning Resources
IDOE has created webpages dedicated to providing families access to resources to help during remote learning. In addition to educational support, viewers can access resources to meet basic needs and social-emotional support.
- Content areas: ELA, Math, Science, History, Computing
- Grade-levels: K-12 including Advanced Placement
- Cost: FREE
- Link: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Indiana State Museum Resources
Here are a few ways to bring the museum to your students.
- TEACHING TUESDAYS – These hands-on activities are things your students can do at home with a little help from their favorite adult. Maybe one of these activities will connect with something you taught this year?
- SYMPHONY IN COLOR – Connect your students to these student artists by asking them to pick a favorite song and create an art piece inspired by the music, using our online gallery as inspiration.
- DEMONSTRATIONS – See demonstrations based on the activities we usually offer in the museum or even have your students try them at home.
- BEHIND-THE-SCENES VIDEOS – Get a behind-the-scenes look at our incredible collection in this video series.
- LIFE OF AN ARTIFACT – Learn how an object becomes part of our museum collection – great for older students!
- Find what's next...at home
- Here is a link to resources we’ve shared with families CLICK HERE
- If you are interested in STEAM challenges, check out CoBuild 19 on Facebook CLICK HERE
Healthy Hoosier Challenge
The Indiana Department of Education is committed to promoting students’ well-being while at home by offering a variety of physical activities for the summer challenge. Find more details here.