- Center Grove Middle School North
- ARCHIVE: 2019-20
Center Grove Middle School North is a school that C.A.R.E.S.
LATEST MSN UPDATE:
(Updated 08.05.2020 10:30 AM)
Dear MSN Families,
I have sincerely missed you and am looking forward to seeing you again soon! We are working very hard right now to provide a safe re-entry to school by planning and implementing precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. For the latest information about re-entry planning, please visit https://www.centergrove.k12.in.us/stopthespread. Additional details for MSN daily plans will be finalized and communicated very soon.
I look forward to another outstanding year with all of you at CGMSN! Please see the updates listed below.
Dr. Davin E. Harpe, Principal
- Schedule Pick-Up Day Change: As a result of re-entry planning for this school year, the Schedule Pick-Up Day that was tentatively scheduled for July 23, 2020 has been canceled. Your student's schedule, locker number, and locker combination will be available in Skyward at noon on Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
- ALL STUDENTS GRADES 6-8 - Students and families will have the opportunity to preview a “welcome back” message on August 12th recorded by their teachers. Information will be shared by each teacher/team. This will take the place of our traditional back to school/meet the teacher night.
- 6th Graders and new students, please click her for a virtual tour of MSN.
- There will be an Open House for 6th grade students and students who are new to MSN. We will be practicing social distancing by limiting the number of people in the building at one time. The Open House will be open to the student and one parent. On their scheduled day listed below, 6th grade students and those who are new to MSN will be able to practice their locker combinations, find all of their classes, and exit the building so additional guests may enter. We ask that our visitors please wear masks and maintain social distancing during this time. The dates/times are as follows:
Open House for 6th Grade Students and Students New to MSN
August 5, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Students whose last names begin with A-L
August 6, 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM, Students whose last names begin with M-Z
- Incoming 6th Grade and students who are new to MSN: All incoming 6th graders received a survey to ask questions about the middle school experience. Dr. Harpe, MSN Principal, answered their questions in this video:https://youtu.be/2v7qWF_OEgI. On Wednesday, April 22, they received a music survey to complete with their parents via Canvas. It is important to complete this, because it is each student’s official music selection/enrollment form. CG Middle School Central and CG Middle School North hosted an Incoming 6th Grade Parent 'Virtual' Information Night on Wednesday, April 22, 2020. Parents may still access this information on our MSN Facebook page (facebook.com/CenterGroveMSN) or Youtube (youtube.com/centergroveschools).
AppreciateAfter 2 months of hard work and preparation, our Drama Club students were unable to present the show High School Musical Jr. due to the Covid-19 shutdown. However, the students still wanted to share the positive message of the show with our community. Over the course of several weeks, the students practiced and recorded the song We’re All in this Together:
Congratulations to the Students of the Month for May:
Zoie P. 6 Red
Gabriel B. 6 Red
Kellen T. 6 Silver
Sierra M. 6 Silver
Mariam J. 6 White
Skylyr M. 6 White
Eli H. 7 Red
Abigail K. 7 Red
Cinthia G. 7 White
Lucas H. 7 White
Colin W. 7UA
Kayla F. 8 Red
Steiner G. 8 Red
Brooklyn B. 8 Silver
Andrei L. 8 Silver
Camille S. 8UA
Congratulations to 8th grade teacher Kelly Bowser and Office Assistant Laurie Long on their upcoming retirement. Kelly and Laurie are both vital members of our team at CGMSN and will be greatly missed. We have so much appreciation for all that they have done for our school community.
Remember Our 8th Graders:
Lessons for You
During the week of May 18-22, teachers will be following up with students who still need to turn in assignments, finalizing grades, and closing out the school year.
During the week of May 26-29, teachers will be identifying essential learnings for which our students need additional learning time and preparing that information for the teachers of the students’ next courses. As your child works through their courses next school year, our teachers will be spiraling back to essential learnings from their previous courses to fill any learning gaps that may have occurred during eLearning this spring.
Frequently Asked Questions- to the Department of Education about the impact of COVID-19 on public schools.
Listen CG: Is a podcast that CG Superintendent Dr. Arkanoff hosts. He has been using it to inform and communicate the vision and expectations for our school corp. during the pandemic.
MSN is here to support you!
Thank you families, students, and staff for a fantastic & flexible year! We’ve learned a lot about ourselves and each other this year. Let’s take our new skill sets on to make next year just as memorable!
MSN Counselors will be continuing to work with staff and families throughout the summer to complete the 2020-2021 MSN Schedule. Thank you to all students who have completed the Scheduling Request form for next year! In case you haven’t, please use the CG Website to log in to Canvas and complete the form.
As always, please email your counselor anytime if you have scheduling questions for next year!
- Mrs. Stremming = Incoming 6th Grade, current 7th grade students going to 8th grade with last names A-L, and outgoing 8th grade questions.
- Miss Leeth = Current 6th grade students going to 7th grade, current 7th grade students going to 8th grade with last names M-Z, and any 21st Century Scholar questions.
- Mrs. Spillmann = All students/families with more detailed needs beyond scheduling.
Click here to access the CG Middle School Counseling website! The site offers District Resources, Community Resources, Homework help, Crisis Resources, Calming Ideas, and Boredom Busters. There are some fun activities for you to check out at home!