- It stands for the Indiana College Core, formerly known as the STGEC.
- To earn the ICC/Core 30 students complete 30 hours of college coursework in specific areas.
- Once completed, the 30 hours transfer as a block and count for the equivalent courses at the receiving institution.
- This typically equates to the first year of general required courses at the university level.
- Students who receive this and attend a state university (in Indiana), by law, are guaranteed credit.
- Many private institutions, to keep pace with Indiana University and Purdue University, also accept credits. See this transfer chart for an example of how credits transfer.
For more information, please click here.