2024 CENTER GROVE COMMUNITY SCHOOL CORPORATION BUDGET
Welcome to the website for the 2024 Center Grove budgets. Here you will find information about the three major funds that we are required to adopt each year in a public meeting. Here are some basic facts about the budgets:
- The budget will be voted on by the school board on October 26, 2023.
- These budgets are all based on the calendar year: January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
- This adoption process is guided by rules established by the State Board of Accounts and the Department of Local Government Finance.
- A new structure was adopted by the state of Indiana for 2019 school budgets. That structure includes three major funds, as noted on the tabs on these pages: Education Fund, Operations Fund, and Debt Service Fund.
- Each of these funds has its own set of rules controlling what they can be spent for, how much revenue will be received, how they can be changed, etc.
- Each of these funds acts as if it were in its own “buckets” (see illustration below). We have limited ability to move expenses or revenues between funds.
VIDEO: BUDGET 101
Superintendent Rich Arkanoff, Ed.D. and Assistant Superintendent Jason Taylor, Ed.D. provide insight into Center Grove's budget in a video series entitled Budget 101. The first installment, Revenue, is about Center Grove's sources of funding.