SUBSTITUTE TEACHING INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for the
Center Grove Community School Corporation.
Orientations will be monthly from August through March.
You have to complete the process below in order to be set up for an orientation.
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE OR PRINT THE
INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE YOU CLICK ON ANY LINKS!
In order to be eligible to substitute teach for the Center Grove Community School Corporation the following statements apply:
- You must have a valid Indiana Teaching License, or a Substitute Teacher Permit
- You must have fifteen (15) college credit hours
- You will need official transcripts (they do not have to be in a sealed/signed envelope)
- You must attend an orientation
- You are required to complete all the steps below
Rate of Pay
- $75.00 per day (valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $85.00 per day (retired Center Grove teacher w/valid Indiana Teaching License)
- $85.00 per day (anyone subbing for Essential Skills/Moderate teaching positions w/valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $10.00 per hour (anyone subbing for support positions - assistants/office staff, para’s etc…)
- Complete an online application for a Substitute Teacher by clicking HERE. You will select Substitute Teacher as the position and then login to your profile. If you don't have a profile, you will need to create one. The only attachment you have to include before submitting is your references.
- Click HERE for the New Hire Paperwork. (download the file and save it to your desktop before you complete & print). If you are not able to print, you can complete the paperwork when we meet.
- If you don’t have a teaching license or substitute permit, please see the directions below for a permit.
- Once you have completed the above steps, contact Lynae Froman, Human Resources Secretary, at
(317) 881-9326 ext. 1602 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to bring in the hiring paperwork and be scheduled for an orientation. You do not have to have your transcripts or substitute permit in order to schedule an appointment.
Substitute Permit Directions (Permits are not approved until you attend an orientation)
- Login to your LVIS account or create a profile by going to: https://license.doe.in.gov
- Click on the red box ‘I Want To Be An Indiana’
- Select ‘Substitute Permits’
- On this screen, no information is required, so just click on ‘Next’.
- Provide your ‘Current Employer’ information. This is the school corporation where you want to do your substitute teaching. If you need to add or change information, click on ‘Update’.
- Using the drop-down list, select the school corporation (4205 Center Grove CSC) from the list.
- Click ‘Submit Employer’
- Click ‘Return to Application’, and you will see your corporation in ‘Current Employer’.
- Click ‘Next’
- Answer the criminal history questions. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of them, please provide a detailed explanation in the drop-down box, and upload the required documents.
- Click ‘Next’
- No evaluation documentation is required, so click ‘Next’.
- Confirm your application information, then click ‘Submit Application’.
- Select ‘Click here to pay for all pending applications’.
- Click on the small square box under ‘Pay’, and you will see a Sub-Total of $15.00 (total with processing fee is $16.32).
- Review the ‘Billing Information’. It should match exactly the information on the credit or debit card. You may make any needed corrections.
- Enter Credit Card Information
- Click on ‘Review Summary’. If it is a faded gray color, you haven’t provided all required information in the spaces marked with a red asterisk.
- On Review Summary page, scroll down and click on the Refund Policy box.
- Click ‘Submit’
When your payment is successfully submitted, you will receive a ‘Transaction ID’ number, which is your payment confirmation. Scroll down and click on ‘Print Page’. You will also receive an e-mail with that information. If you need assistance with your permit or the IDOE website, you may contact Judy Kerberg at the DOE at email@example.com or at (317) 232-9026.
Once you have met with Human Resources you will be scheduled for an orientation and sent the information to complete and pay for your background. When you have attended an orientation and we have the proper paperwork on file, you will be added to the Center Grove Community School Corporation’s Substitute List.
Secretary for Human Resources
4800 S Stones Crossing Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
(317) 881-9326 Ext. 1602
The Center Grove Community School Corporation practices equal opportunity in education and employment.