SUBSTITUTE TEACHING INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for
Center Grove Community School Corporation.
In order to be eligible to substitute teach for Center Grove Community School Corporation, the following statements apply:
- You must have a valid Indiana Teaching License, or a Substitute Permit
- You must have fifteen (15) college credit hours (You will need official transcripts, but they do not have to be in a sealed/signed envelope)
- Please note that if you don't have enough college credit hours, you are still eligible to substitute for any of our Support positions
- You must complete a national background check
- You must attend a substitute meeting
Rate of Pay
- $90.00 per day (valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $100.00 per day (anyone subbing for Essential Skills/Moderate teaching positions w/valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $100.00 per day (retired Center Grove teacher w/valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $11.31 per hour (anyone subbing for support positions that are hourly - assistants, office staff, paraprofessionals, etc...)
- Complete an online application for a Substitute Teacher by clicking HERE. You will select the position that applies to you, "Substitute Teacher" or "Support Staff", then log into your profile. If you don't have a profile, you will need to create one. The only attachment you have to include before submitting is your references.
- Once you have submitted your application, contact Michele Sheley, Human Resources Secretary, at (317) 881-9326 ext.1614 or via email at email@example.com to be scheduled for a substitute meeting and turn in your paperwork. You do not have to have your transcripts or substitute permit uploaded to your application in order to go to a substitute meeting.
Michele Sheley will send you information about the next substitute meeting, new hire paperwork, and background check information. When you have attended a meeting and we have the proper paperwork on file, you will be added to the Center Grove Community School Corporation's Substitute List.
Substitute Work Day Incentive Bonus:
When you begin to sub for us, you will able to start adding your days toward a work day bonus that is paid at the end of each school year by using the chart below. Please contact Michele Sheley if you would like more detailed information!
Days Worked During Current School Year
31 - 60 Days
61 - 80 Days
80 Days and over
The Center Grove Community School Corporation practices equal opportunity in education and employment.