SUBSTITUTE TEACHING INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching for the
Center Grove Community School Corporation.
This process is open from the end of August through the end of March.
PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE PAGE OR PRINT THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE YOU CLICK ON ANY LINKS!
In order to be eligible to substitute teach for the Center Grove Community School Corporation the following statements apply:
- You must have a valid Indiana Teaching License, or a Substitute Teacher Permit
- You must have fifteen (15) college credit hours
- You will need official transcripts (they do not have to be in a sealed/signed envelope)
- You must attend an orientation
- You are required to complete all the steps below
Rate of Pay
- $75.00 per day (valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $85.00 per day (retired Center Grove teacher w/valid Indiana Teaching License)
- $85.00 per day (anyone subbing for Essential Skills/Moderate teaching positions w/valid Indiana Teaching License or Substitute Permit)
- $10.00 per hour (anyone subbing for support positions - assistants/office staff, para’s etc…)
- Complete an online application for a Substitute Teacher by clicking HERE. You will select Substitute Teacher as the position and then login to your profile. If you don't have a profile, you will need to create one. The only attachment you have to include before submitting is your references.
- Click HERE for the New Hire Paperwork. (you will need to download the file and save it to your desktop before you complete & print). If you are not able to print, you can complete the paperwork when we meet.
- Once you have completed the above steps, contact Lynae Froman, Human Resources Secretary, at (317) 881-9326 ext. 1602 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to bring in the hiring paperwork along with the items listed below. You do not have to have your transcripts or substitute permit in order to schedule an appointment. When you come in to complete paperwork, you will also need the following items:
- Direct Deposit - This should show your account # and routing # for direct deposit to be setup
- Identification – The most common ones are listed below. (Please refer to the I-9 form for other accepted forms of ID) – Copies will be made in our office
- a Passport by itself OR
- Driver’s License & Social Security Card OR
- Driver’s License & Birth Certificate
- Transcripts – Original College Transcripts (They do not have to be in a sealed envelope & copies will be made) If you attached them to your application, I will be printing them.
- Teaching License or Substitute Permit – If you have applied and paid for a substitute permit already, it will be approved after the orientation - If it is attached to your application I will be printing it. If you need to apply for a permit, directions are below:
Apply for a Substitute Permit (Your permit will be approved after you attend an orientation)
- Login to your LVIS account or create a profile by going to: https://license.doe.in.gov
- Click on the red box ‘I Want To Be An Indiana’
- Select ‘Substitute Permits’
- On this screen, no information is required, so just click on ‘Next’.
- Provide your ‘Current Employer’ information. This is the school corporation where you want to do your substitute teaching. If you need to add or change information, click on ‘Update’.
- Using the drop-down list, select the school corporation (4205 Center Grove CSC) from the list.
- Click ‘Submit Employer’
- Click ‘Return to Application’, and you will see your corporation in ‘Current Employer’.
- Click ‘Next’
- Answer the criminal history questions. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of them, please provide a detailed explanation in the drop-down box, and upload the required documents.
- Click ‘Next’
- No evaluation documentation is required, so click ‘Next’.
- Confirm your application information, then click ‘Submit Application’.
- Select ‘Click here to pay for all pending applications’.
- Click on the small square box under ‘Pay’, and you will see a Sub-Total of $15.00 (total with processing fee is $16.32).
- Review the ‘Billing Information’. It should match exactly the information on the credit or debit card. You may make any needed corrections.
- Enter Credit Card Information
- Click on ‘Review Summary’. If it is a faded gray color, you haven’t provided all required information in the spaces marked with a red asterisk.
- On Review Summary page, scroll down and click on the Refund Policy box.
- Click ‘Submit’
When your payment is successfully submitted, you will receive a ‘Transaction ID’ number, which is your payment confirmation. Scroll down and click on ‘Print Page’. You will also receive an e-mail with that information. If you need assistance with your permit or the IDOE website, you may contact Judy Kerberg at the DOE, at email@example.com or (317) 232-9026.
Once you have met with Human Resources you will be scheduled for an orientation and sent the information to complete and pay for your background check. When you have attended an orientation and we have the proper paperwork on file, you will be added to the Center Grove Community School Corporation’s Substitute List.
CGCSC Human Resources Secretary
4800 S Stones Crossing Rd
Greenwood, IN 46143
(317) 881-9326 Ext. 1602
The Center Grove Community School Corporation practices equal opportunity in education and employment.