A Midsummer Night's Dream
by William Shakespeare
Need help?? Check out these Shakespeare Resources:
- Forget your MND book? Here's the play online!
- Use this link to help you answer your packet reading questions...
NO FEAR SHAKESPEARE: MND Shakespearean text and modern English translation side-by-side!
- Click here to LISTEN to an audio recording of A Midsummer Night's Dream!
- Use this link to help you fill out the "What I Missed" column of your reading packet, AFTER YOU'VE ALREADY FILLED OUT THE "MY SUMMARY" COLUMN...
Shmoop Summaries: Written by PhD and Master students at Stanford, Harvard, and other top universities!
- Tips on How To Study Shakespeare
- LitChart for MND: LitCharts condense every book into a professionally designed PDF that's free to download, print, and share.
- 60 Second Recaps: Short videos (60 seconds each, imagine that!) that summarize the plot, characters, themes, and symbols in the play!
Reading Guide Packets & Worksheets:
Animaniacs Video Summary of Puck's Final Speech!
- Act I Reading Packet
HW due Wednesday 5/6 @ beginning of class= Finish reading Act 1 scenes 1-2 and complete WHOLE reading guide packet.
- Act II Reading Packet (Act 2)
HW due Friday 5/8 = Finish reading Act 2 scenes 1-2 and complete reading guide packet (including the "What I Missed" column, using the Shmoop Summaries as a resource to identify what you missed!).
**QUIZ OVER ACTS 1 & 2 tomorrow, Friday, 5/8!!! Your "ticket" to take the quiz as a group is a FULLY completed Act 2 packet--otherwise, you'll take the quiz independently.
- Act III Reading Packet (Act 3)
HW due Wednesday 5/13 = Finish reading Act 3 scenes 1-2 & complete ENTIRE reading guide packet
- Act IV Reading Packet (Act 4)
HW due Friday 5/15 = Finish reading Act 5 scene 1 & complete ENTIRE reading guide packet
**QUIZ OVER ACTS 3 & 4 tomorrow, Friday, 4/25!!! Your "ticket" to take the quiz as a group is a FULLY completed Act 3 & 4 packet--otherwise, you'll take the quiz independently.
- Act V Reading Packet (Act 5)
HW DUE Tuesday 5/19 = Finish reading Act 5 scene 1 & complete ENTIRE reading guide packet
- Test Review Packet 2014
**The test will be on THURSDAY, 5/28.
**The review packet will NOT be taken as a grade; however, it will greatly help you prepare!
**ALL of your Reading Guide Packets should be complete by now!