Professional Development Opportunities Menu
- Individual Coaching…Coaching cycle with individual teachers or teacher teams who want to improve their own pedagogy including beginning teachers or those put on administrative professional growth plans. A coaching request form, similar to the technology work order, is in the works that will be readily accessible to teachers online.
- Professional Growth ERs…Building principals may dedicate a building ER day for teachers to work on their own on work related to their GAPs and improving areas of weakness identified on the Teacher Evaluation System. These sessions could also include work on building-level initiatives, analyzing data and student work, and transitioning to the new Indiana standards. Teachers may be asked for an artifact or exit slip documenting their use of time spent during the ER.
- Strategies to Go (after school)…Back by popular demand based on survey feedback from last year, this offering is designed to be a quick, convenient way to get ideas/ mini-lessons to take back to the classroom for immediate use. Topics will be tailored to individual building needs, and are designed with primary, intermediate, and secondary teachers in mind. Literacy, DI, the 90 minute reading block, activities supporting Domains 1,2 and 3, and shifting to the new Indiana standards are just a few topics covered in the past.
Level 2: Site-Based (Cadre of colleagues – personal learning in a group setting)
- Personal Learning Cadre… This professional development opportunity is open to all CG teachers K – 12 that want to take professional development to a deeper level. Two cohort groups of ten to fifteen teachers each will meet quarterly with CG colleagues to complete a book study (participant will purchase), hear guest speakers, and share in learning about Best Practices in their own content. Not to mention all the collegial fun that will happen along the way!
All cadre members, via material/ideas/strategies presented during the PLC, will also participate in a coaching cycle with one of our Instructional Coaches. Other outside work will be minimal. What better way to improve your “learning capacity” than with colleagues during job-embedded professional development! Four half days of release time will be given to each participant, and PGP’s will be awarded upon conclusion of the cadre in the spring. • Train the Trainers…Each school will send three teacher leaders (HS will send 4) and an administrator to be trained in district topics to take back to their respective schools and share in some format so all teachers receive the information. Topics presented will be centered around the Teacher Evaluation System or Best Practices.
Level 3: Standardized (Large Groups to Disseminate Information)
- Train the Trainers…Each school will send three teacher leaders (HS will send 4) and an administrator to be trained in district topics to take back to their respective schools and share in some format so all teachers receive the information. Topics presented will be centered around the Teacher Evaluation System or Best Practices.