Learning EnvironmentThe learning environment in the classroom consists of more than the physical set-up of the classroom. It should be one in which a classroom culture of mutual respect and collaboration exists between the teacher and students. The classroom walk-through observation criteria are listed below.
Other Learning Environment Resources:
- Article: What does Critical Literacy Look Like in the Classroom?
- Article: Secondary Literacy Instruction: Bringing it All Together
- Checklist: Classroom Literacy Environment Checklist
- PowerPoint: Print Rich/Literacy Rich Environment
- PowerPoint: Standards and Objectives: Center Grove Teachers at their Best
- Website: Primary Explanation and Photos
- Dropbox folder: Toolbox of strategy ideas