During influenza (flu) season,is it important for everyone to follow the steps necessaryto stop the spread of germs.
- Get a flu shot.
- Know the symptoms of the flu.
- If you're sick, don't come to school.
- See a doctor if you have flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headaches, fatigue, diarrhea or vomiting.
- Students and staff should be fever and symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Stop germs from spreading.
- Wash your hands often, especially before meals. A thorough wash includes soap or a hand sanitizer and takes at least 20 seconds.
- Cough into your elbow, instead of your hand.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Center Grove cleans all buildings nightly, including disinfection of classroom desks, doorknobs, tabletops, and telephones. During flu season, additional attention is given to touchpoints.
Please contact your school clinic with any questions or concerns.