POSITIVE COVID-19 TEST
- If your student tests positive for COVID, he/she should isolate for five (5) days from the onset of symptoms, per the CDC.
- The first day of symptoms is Day 0. The student can return to school on Day 6 as long as he/she is fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- Student-athletes who test positive must be cleared by an athletic trainer or their doctor to play, per Community Health Network. If the student-athlete passes the screening, the athlete will follow a 3-day return-to-play protocol. If the student-athlete fails the screening, they will need to see a doctor for clearance.
COVID-19 RELATED ABSENCES
- For the absences to be excused, a copy of the positive test must be turned into the school.
- At-home test results are accepted.
- Please write the name of the student and their date of birth on the test and take a picture of the student with the test.
- You can submit this photo to your student’s school clinic or Amy Norman, health services coordinator.
- Only the person who has provided proof of the positive test will be excused.
- If a parent chooses to keep a sibling home, those absences would be unexcused, unless a doctor's note is provided stating the sibling should stay home.