STAY HOME WHEN SICK - WASH HANDS OFTEN
STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all students, staff, and visitors inside schools during the school day and on the bus.
* A classroom, school, or the district may need to return to a mask mandate based on the following:
- Individual classrooms may be required to wear masks for a period of time that classroom has 3 or more positive cases in the same 7-day period.
- Significant spread of COVID occurs in an individual school setting. When a 2% threshold is reached for multiple days, the Johnson County Health Department will be consulted on appropriate steps.
- A school reaches significant levels of absenteeism attributable to COVID positive cases and/or quarantines. The Johnson County Health Department and the Indiana Department of Education will be notified when the absence rate reaches 20%.
- The Johnson County advisory level in the IDH dashboard will also be monitored and the Johnson County Health Department will be consulted if a change is necessary.
Classrooms to observe 3' of social distancing when possible. Elementary cafeterias may reduce social distancing with a goal of 3' distance where possible. Secondary will distance at 3' when possible. 6' spacing when possible for activities with increased exhalation.
Face masks will be strongly recommended for visitors and volunteers. Visitors/volunteers will be limited. Lunch-time visitors will not be allowed. Building rentals will continue.
Enhanced 3-step cleaning practices will continue in all school buildings and on school buses with special attention to high-touch areas, including water fountains and restrooms.
Face masks will be strongly recommended for participants and spectators of indoor events/activities.
All positive cases will be required to isolate. Identified close contacts should refer to the updated CGCSC Quarantine Guidelines listed below.
3 or more positive cases in a classroom: Entire classrooms could be quarantined/ moved to eLearning.
20% COVID-RELATED ABSENCES in SCHOOL**: Individual buildings could move to eLearning. Secondary could move to a blended model with cohorts alternating in-person and eLearning.
**Move to eLearning/Blended could also occur if CGCSC does not have the necessary staff.
REMINDER: If you are awaiting COVID-19 test results, do not return to school/work until you receive your test results.