CGCSC FACILITY TESTING
Center Grove Community School Corporation conducts testing in our school buildings to ensure the quality of the air and water are within recommended limits. While many of these tests are not required by the state of Indiana, CGCSC contracts with certified testing companies to ensure our facilities meet our high standards for safety and quality.
- The Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) requires schools to test every six months for asbestos exposure in buildings that were built using the materials. Notice of this testing must be published once a year.
- Center Grove includes the AHERA notification in each student handbook. It is also available at this link.
- Most buildings constructed after 1978 do not contain asbestos. In Center Grove, buildings that were built without asbestos include Pleasant Grove Elementary, Sugar Grove Elementary, Center Grove Middle School North, and Maple Grove Elementary School.
- All other schools are tested twice a year, in April and October.
- Additional information on asbestos in schools is available from the EPA at this link.
- Lead & Copper
- State and federal laws do not require schools that purchase water from a Public Water System to test for lead. The Safe Drinking Water Act’s Lead and Copper Rule requires Public Water Systems to sample for lead at single-family dwellings.
- Center Grove conducted tests for lead and copper levels in all schools in March of 2016. All tests came back under the levels that require mitigation. Additional tests are being conducted in 2020 and are linked in the database below as they are completed.
- Additional information on Lead and Copper in drinking water in schools is available from the EPA at this link.
- State and federal laws do not require schools to test for radon.
- Center Grove conducted tests for Radon in all schools in May of 2012. All tests came back under the levels that require mitigation.
- Additional information on Radon is available from the EPA at this link.
The database below will be updated as new tests are performed.
Questions? Email email@example.com.