ALL 6th grade students will need to show proof of the following immunizations.
- 1 dose of tetanus - diptheria-acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) given on or after 10 years of age.
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) vaccine on or after first birthday and separated by age-appropriate interval or written history of disease. A signed written statement from parent indicating month and year of chickenpox disease is sufficient for history.
- 1 dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)
- Bring updated shot records to the clinic as soon as possible.
- If your child is non-compliant due to medical and/or religious reasons a waiver must be sent to the clinic. This waiver must be updated every school year.
If your child has a scheduled appointment to receive their immunizations, please phone or e-mail the nurse with the appointment (email@example.com)MEDICATIONS
State law requires the following:
- No student can be in possession of prescription or non-prescription drugs in school.
- All medications have to be stored in the nurse’s office.
- Prescription medications have to be in their original container with dosage directions on the label.
- Non-prescription medications (e.g. Tylenol/Advil) have to be stored in the nurse’s office with a parent note. This includes cough drops.
- Students are expected to take all medications to the nurse’s office immediately upon arrival at school.
Please check Skyward for your child’s known Health Conditions. If you see that a condition needs to be added or deleted, please e-mail the nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will update your child’s Skyward account.