Brayden Littell, who was crowned as the IHSAA 120 lb. Wrestling State Champion on Saturday night at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse! Brayden won his final match 9-3 and became the 5th individual state wrestling champion for CG! Senior Peyton Pruett capped an excellent career at CG by finishing in 5th place at the 160 lb. weight class. Congrats to both Brayden and Peyton!
Our Individual Boys Swimmers, who were State Meet qualifiers at Franklin on Saturday: 200 medley relay (Ben Clarkston, Vince Valde, Tony Gipson, Ethan Martin), 50 Free (Ethan Martin), 100 Butterfly (Tony Gipson), 200 Free Relay (John Hasquin, Ben Clarkston, Tony Gipson, Ethan Martin) and the 400 Free Relay (John Hasquin, Brady Ferguson, Tony Gipson, Ethan Martin) Good luck at the State Meet this Friday and Saturday at the IUPUI Natatorium!
Our Boys Basketball Team, who defeated North Central on the road on Friday night, 53-34. Our Trojans are now 15-7 overall and finished 2-5 in the MIC. Good luck in the final two regular season games of the season: Tuesday at Brownsburg and Home on Thursday vs. Columbus North. (Senior Night)
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week:
Friday – February 22nd
- $10 BASKETBALL SECTIONAL TOURNAMENT TICKETS WILL BE SOLD IN THE ATHLETIC OFFICE 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM
- Boys Swimming – State Trials at IUPUI Natatorium (6:00 pm)
Saturday – February 23rd
- Boys Swimming & Diving – State Finals @ IUPUI Natatorium (1:00 pm)
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT NEWS
RECOGNIZING POSITIVE SPORTSMANSHIPIf you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!ALL SPORTS PASSES - PLEASE RENEW YOUR PASSESAll Sports Passes can be renewed online at this link. (Click on season passes and login.) Renewing your All Sports Pass online is easy and saves time. You may use a credit or a debit card online, which saves you a trip to the High School and a check!
CG Sports Network webcasts various events at this link:
FORMS & POLICIESA completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2018, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2018 - 2019 school year. (All forms linked below.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowlegement and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)