ATHLETICS EVENTS & INFORMATION
Congratulations To Our:
Ø Football Team, who defeated Westfield, 38-14, on Friday Night at Lucas Oil Stadium for the 6A State Championship! This is the 3rd State Championship for the football program and our Trojans capped an undefeated 14-0 season! (This is the 2nd time in 6 years that CG has gone wire to wire without a loss.) Congrats to the team - to Eric Moore and the entire football staff - the student managers - Nicole Delp and our cheerleaders - Hannah Mueller and our Dance Team - Dave Buchholz, Jessica Schaber and our Athletic Training staff (and Team Doctors) - our Trojan Man (Mike Wycoff) - our Fireworks Igniter (Mike Yovanoff) - Aaron Hohlt and the Gridiron Club - the man behind the horn (Brad Sturm) - Kevin Schuessler and our band members - our Choral groups and individuals - and to a community with unending support throughout this confusing, unprecedented year. It will be a season – for many reasons – that will long be remembered.
- A big shout out to Cindy Adams and Jack Russell who pitched in at the last minute to help with the sales of the reserved seats at Lucas Oil and to the 3400+ CG fans (just under our allotted limit) for their patience during the process.
Ø Boys Basketball Team, who defeated Franklin Central on Saturday on the road, 73-64, for their opening win of the 2020-21 season. Good luck this week at Bloomington North.
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week:
Tuesday – December 1st
- Swimming (Boys & Girls) vs. Perry Meridian @ Home (6:00 pm) (Spectators: Parents of CG Swimmers only)
Wednesday – December 2nd
- Boys Basketball (Freshmen) @ Mooresville (6:00 pm)
Friday – December 4th
- Girls Basketball (Varsity & JV) @ Lawrence Central (6:00 pm)
Saturday – December 5th
- Wrestling (Varsity) @ Bloomington North Tournament (9:00 am)
- Wrestling (JV) – CG Tournament at Home (9:00 am – West Gym)
- Swimming (Boys & Girls) vs. Columbus North @ Home (10:00 am) (Spectators: Parents of CG Swimmers only)
- Boys Basketball (Varsity, JV & Frosh) @ Bloomington North (6:00 pm/6:00 pm/7:30 pm) (Ticketing info will be forthcoming.)
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
CGHS Athletic Facilities
- Center Grove reopened high school athletic facilities to high school teams on Monday, July 6. Due to the limitations created by COVID-19, the challenges of the Summer construction schedule around the campus, and the need to develop plans for future access to our athletic facilities, these facilities will be closed to youth summer camps and clinics. This restriction allows for our facilities to be dedicated to the conditioning and activity programs of our high school students. COVID-19 protocols require extra cleaning by our custodial staff between our high school groups, necessary precautions to maintain the health and well-being of our coaches and student-athletes. In addition, the high school athletic training staff will closely monitor the safeguards moving forward; on the fields, in the gyms, in the locker rooms.
ECA/Athletic Participation during the 2020-21 School Year
The IHSAA recently issued an update to their guidance regarding Virtual Enrollment and Eligibility for Participation during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As a result, CGCSC has updated our guidelines as follows: Virtually enrolled students may participate in Athletics and Extra-curricular activities if their enrollment meets certain criteria. Details on those criteria are linked in documents on this page. The latest information about ECA/Athletic participation during the 2020-21 school year is available on the district's Return to School 2020-21 website (www.centergrove.k12.in.us/Return2020).
If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!*ALL SPORTS PASS SALES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED*
CENTER GROVE SPORTS NETWORK
Webcasts and information for CG teams:
Click the button for the Varsity Football Webcast link
Please contact email@example.com with any issues.
FOLLOW THE MIC CONFERENCE ON INSTAGRAM
ECA/Athletics Restrictions 2020-21
FORMS & POLICIESIHSAA GUIDANCE REGARDING PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS AND CONSENT FORMS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEARDue to the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2019-2020 school year and continued stress on the medical community the IHSAA will waive the provisions of Rule 3-10 for the 2020-21 school year. Effective immediately, valid physical and consent forms presented to member schools on behalf of eligible students during the 2019-20 school year shall be valid during the upcoming 2020-21 school year.Further information is available through this link.ALTHOUGH the 2019-2020 physical will be valid for the 2020-2021 school year, the NEW IHSAA HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE AND CONSENT RELEASE CERTIFICATE , an updated CENTER GROVE ATHLETIC INFORMATION AND SIGNATURE CARD and CONCUSSION AND SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST ACKNOWLEGEMENT AND SIGNATURE FORM will have to be completed by ALL students wanting to participate in athletics for the 2020-2021 school year.
A completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2019, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
FOR A PHYSICAL TO BE COMPLETE IN THE CG ATHLETIC OFFICE, ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED:
(All necessary forms needed for a COMPLETED PHYSICAL IN THE CG ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT are linked below with **.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- NEW FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR: IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent Release Certificate
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowledgment and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)