ATHLETICS EVENTS & INFORMATION
Congrats from the Weekend to:
- Our Individual Wrestlers, who successfully competed at the IHSAA State Meet on Friday and Saturday at Banker’s Life Fieldhouse: Hayden Watson @ 145 lbs.and Drake Buchanan @ 182 lbs. who both finished their seasons as State Runners-Up. Congrats to Coach Swain, the staff and all of the wrestlers who competed this year! (County Champs, Sectional Champs and Regional Runners-up)
- Our Swimmers, Ethan Martin (50 Free and100 Free) and Ethan Hite (500 Free), who were Sectional Champions at the Franklin Sectional on Saturday. Good luck to both Ethans and to our additional qualifiers at the State Meet at the IUPUI Natatorium: the 200 Free Relay and the 400 Free Relay teams, (Ben Clarkston, Harrison Hite, Garrett Crist and Ethan Martin).
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week: (Parents should check this website often for any possible schedule or spectator/admission changes)
Friday – February 26th
- Boys State Swimming Trials @ IUPUI Natatorium (5:00 pm)
- No Spectators will be allowed, but the Diving Trials will be live streamed.
Saturday – February 27th
- Boys Track @ Wabash Indoor Distance Meet (9:30 pm)
- No Spectators will be allowed.
- Boys State Swimming Finals @ IUPUI Natatorium (3:30 pm)
- No Spectators will be allowed, but each session of the State Swim Meet will be live streamed.
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
CENTER GROVE 2021 SPRING PHYSICAL NIGHT
DATE: Wednesday, April 14th, 2021
TIME: 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
WHERE: CGHS Student Activity Center (SAC)
COST: $35.00* (+$1.65 transaction fee)
REGISTRATION: Begins March 15th, online at secure.payk12.com/school/centergrovehs/98/item/193184
CGHS Athletic Facilities
- Center Grove reopened high school athletic facilities to high school teams on Monday, July 6. Due to the limitations created by COVID-19, the challenges of the Summer construction schedule around the campus, and the need to develop plans for future access to our athletic facilities, these facilities will be closed to youth summer camps and clinics. This restriction allows for our facilities to be dedicated to the conditioning and activity programs of our high school students. COVID-19 protocols require extra cleaning by our custodial staff between our high school groups, necessary precautions to maintain the health and well-being of our coaches and student-athletes. In addition, the high school athletic training staff will closely monitor the safeguards moving forward; on the fields, in the gyms, in the locker rooms.
ECA/Athletic Participation during the 2020-21 School Year
The IHSAA recently issued an update to their guidance regarding Virtual Enrollment and Eligibility for Participation during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As a result, CGCSC has updated our guidelines as follows: Virtually enrolled students may participate in Athletics and Extra-curricular activities if their enrollment meets certain criteria. Details on those criteria are linked in documents on this page. The latest information about ECA/Athletic participation during the 2020-21 school year is available on the district's Return to School 2020-21 website (www.centergrove.k12.in.us/Return2020).
If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!*ALL SPORTS PASS SALES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED*
FOLLOW THE MIC CONFERENCE ON INSTAGRAM
ECA/Athletics Restrictions 2020-21
FORMS & POLICIESIHSAA GUIDANCE REGARDING PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS AND CONSENT FORMS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEARDue to the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2019-2020 school year and continued stress on the medical community the IHSAA will waive the provisions of Rule 3-10 for the 2020-21 school year. Effective immediately, valid physical and consent forms presented to member schools on behalf of eligible students during the 2019-20 school year shall be valid during the upcoming 2020-21 school year.Further information is available through this link.ALTHOUGH the 2019-2020 physical will be valid for the 2020-2021 school year, the NEW IHSAA HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE AND CONSENT RELEASE CERTIFICATE , an updated CENTER GROVE ATHLETIC INFORMATION AND SIGNATURE CARD and CONCUSSION AND SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST ACKNOWLEGEMENT AND SIGNATURE FORM will have to be completed by ALL students wanting to participate in athletics for the 2020-2021 school year.
A completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2019, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
FOR A PHYSICAL TO BE COMPLETE IN THE CG ATHLETIC OFFICE, ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED:
(All necessary forms needed for a COMPLETED PHYSICAL IN THE CG ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT are linked below with **.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- NEW FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR: IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent Release Certificate
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowledgment and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)