ATHLETICS EVENTS & INFORMATION
Information is now available for Fall Athletics event restrictions: Click here for details.
Ticket information and Silver Card access for upcoming events: Click here for details.
Congratulations from the Weekend to our Varsity Teams:
- Football, who defeated North Central at Home on Friday night, 47-0. Our Trojans are now 5-0 overall and 4-0 in the MIC. Congrats to Carson Steele for breaking three CG records: career rushing (4,848), career points scored (386) and total touchdowns (64). Good luck to our Trojans this week vs. Lawrence Central at Home on Friday night. On-line tickets will be available for this game beginning on Wednesday at 8:00 am. Tickets will be not be sold at the gate on Friday night.
- Boys Soccer, who defeated Seymour at Home on Saturday afternoon, 5-0. Our Trojans are now 6-3-3 overall and 3-2-1 in the MIC. Good luck to our Trojans this week vs. Southport and Floyd Central.
- Girls Soccer, who defeated Plainfield on the road, 3-1. Our Lady Trojans are now 7-3 overall and 6-0 in the MIC. Good luck to our Lady Trojans this week vs. Brownsburg, Carmel, Roncalli and Columbus East.
- Cross Country - Drew Costelow, (Sophmore), who finished in 4th place at the very competitive Riverview Health Invitational on the Northview course in Carmel on Saturday morning. (The Boys team finished in 5th, the girls in 7th.) Good luck this week in the MIC Meet at Pike on Saturday.
* Good luck to our Lady Golfers who begin their post-season this week: Sectional Tournament on Monday at The Legends and - if they qualify - the Regional on Saturday at Smock.
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week:
Thursday – September 24th
- Boys Soccer (Varsity & JV) @ Southport (5:30 pm/7:15 pm) @ Mary Bryan Elementary
- TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE ONLY - at https://southportcardinals.com/2020/09/22/boys-soccer-vs-center-grove-924/
- Volleyball (Varsity, JV & Frosh) @ Bloomington South (6:00 pm/6:00 pm/7:30 pm)
- CASH AT GATE;
- LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPiQ6N2vO77QmsBwd189zOQ
- CASH AT GATE;
Friday – September 25th
- Football (Varsity) vs. Lawrence Central @ Home (7:00pm) (Modified Homecoming)
- Limited Tickets for CG spectator seating will be available. On-line sales will begin at 8:00 am on Wednesday.
- TICKETS ARE SOLD OUT
- Boys Tennis (Varsity & JV) – Trojan Classic Tournament @ Home (5:30 pm)
Saturday – September 26th
- Girls Golf - Regional Tournament @ Smock GC (8:00 am)
- Cross Country (B & G) – MIC Meet @ Pike (8:30 am)
- 8:30 am Girls Varsity Race
- 9:15 am Boys Varsity Race
- 10:00 am Girls JV Race
- 10:45 am Boys JV Race
- Boys Tennis (Varsity & JV) – Trojan Classic Tournament @ Home (9:00 am)
- Football (JV) @ Lawrence Central (10:00 am)
- LIMIT OF 250 TICKETS AVAILABLE ON VISITOR SIDE (4 per transaction) @ https://secure.payk12.com/school/lawrencecentralhs/273/item/181398
- Football (Freshmen) vs. Lawrence Central @ Home (10:00 am)
- TICKETS AVAILABLE @ https://ticketracker.com/store/selecteventtickets/149925
- Volleyball (Varsity) - Trojan Classic @ Home
- CG vs. Roncalli (10:00 am)
- Avon vs. New Albany (10:00 am)
- CG vs. New Albany (12:00 noon)
- Roncalli vs. Avon (12:00 noon)
- TICKETS AVAILABLE @ https://ticketracker.com/SelectSection.aspx?eventId=150848
- Girls Soccer (Varsity) – Trojan Classic @ Home
- CG vs. Roncalli (10:00 am)
- Columbus East vs. Terre Haute North (10:00 am)
- CG vs. Columbus East (1:30 pm)
- Roncalli vs. Terre Haute North (1:30 pm)
- TICKETS AVAILABLE @ https://ticketracker.com/store/selecteventtickets/149998
- Boys Soccer (Varsity & JV) vs. Floyd Central @ Home (4:00 pm/4:00 pm)
- TICKETS AVAILABLE @ https://ticketracker.com/store/selecteventtickets/149952
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
CGHS Athletic Facilities
- Center Grove reopened high school athletic facilities to high school teams on Monday, July 6. Due to the limitations created by COVID-19, the challenges of the Summer construction schedule around the campus, and the need to develop plans for future access to our athletic facilities, these facilities will be closed to youth summer camps and clinics. This restriction allows for our facilities to be dedicated to the conditioning and activity programs of our high school students. COVID-19 protocols require extra cleaning by our custodial staff between our high school groups, necessary precautions to maintain the health and well-being of our coaches and student-athletes. In addition, the high school athletic training staff will closely monitor the safeguards moving forward; on the fields, in the gyms, in the locker rooms.
ECA/Athletic Participation during the 2020-21 School Year
The IHSAA recently issued an update to their guidance regarding Virtual Enrollment and Eligibility for Participation during the COVID-19 Pandemic. As a result, CGCSC has updated our guidelines as follows: Virtually enrolled students may participate in Athletics and Extra-curricular activities if their enrollment meets certain criteria. Details on those criteria are linked in documents on this page. The latest information about ECA/Athletic participation during the 2020-21 school year is available on the district's Return to School 2020-21 website (www.centergrove.k12.in.us/Return2020).
If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!*ALL SPORTS PASS SALES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED*
CENTER GROVE SPORTS NETWORK
Webcasts and information for CG teams:
Click the button for the Varsity Football Webcast link
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues.
FOLLOW THE MIC CONFERENCE ON INSTAGRAM
ECA/Athletics Restrictions 2020-21
FORMS & POLICIESIHSAA GUIDANCE REGARDING PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EXAMINATIONS AND CONSENT FORMS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEARDue to the COVID-19 pandemic during the 2019-2020 school year and continued stress on the medical community the IHSAA will waive the provisions of Rule 3-10 for the 2020-21 school year. Effective immediately, valid physical and consent forms presented to member schools on behalf of eligible students during the 2019-20 school year shall be valid during the upcoming 2020-21 school year.Further information is available through this link.ALTHOUGH the 2019-2020 physical will be valid for the 2020-2021 school year, the NEW IHSAA HEALTH HISTORY UPDATE QUESTIONNAIRE AND CONSENT RELEASE CERTIFICATE , an updated CENTER GROVE ATHLETIC INFORMATION AND SIGNATURE CARD and CONCUSSION AND SUDDEN CARDIAC ARREST ACKNOWLEGEMENT AND SIGNATURE FORM will have to be completed by ALL students wanting to participate in athletics for the 2020-2021 school year.
A completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2019, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
FOR A PHYSICAL TO BE COMPLETE IN THE CG ATHLETIC OFFICE, ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED:
(All necessary forms needed for a COMPLETED PHYSICAL IN THE CG ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT are linked below with **.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- NEW FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR: IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent Release Certificate
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowledgment and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)