ATHLETICS EVENTS & INFORMATION
- Our Individual Conference Champion Wrestlers, who were undefeated at the MIC Meet on Saturday at Lawrence North: Hayden Watson (132 lbs.) and Drake Buchanan (182 lbs.). (The team finished 3rd overall.) Good luck this week at Plainfield.
- Our Girls Basketball Team, who defeated Seymour on the road Saturday afternoon, 44-30. The team’s overall record is now 15-4 and 3-2 in the MIC. Good luck this week at Perry Meridian and at Ben Davis.
- Our Boys and Girls Swimming & Diving Teams, who both defeated Franklin Central on Thursday. Boys: 134-46 and Girls: 111-75. Good luck this week at North Central and vs. Lawrence Central on Senior Day.
- Debby Burton and Cale Hoover, who will be inducted into the Indiana Hall of Fame for their respective sports: Debby, Head Girls Tennis coach at CG from the 1998-99 school year to the present, and Cale, Head Wrestling coach at CG from the 2006-07 school year until the 2016-17 school year. Well-earned and well deserved for both!
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week:
Friday – January 24th
- Boys Basketball (Varsity, JV & Frosh) vs. Ben Davis @ Home (6:00 pm/6:00 pm/7:30 pm)
- Hardwood Club Recognition Night
- Cheer Performances
- Dance Team Performances
- Pep Band
- Ray Skillman Shoot-Out
Saturday – January 25th
- Wrestling (JV) – State Duals at Warren Central (9:00 am)
- Boys & Girls Swimming & Diving vs. Lawrence Central @ Home (10:00 am) *Senior Day*
- Girls Basketball (Varsity & JV) @ Ben Davis (12:00 pm/1:30 pm)
- Boys Basketball (Varsity, JV and Frosh) @ Roncalli (4:30 pm/6:00 pm/7:30 pm)
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
RECOGNIZING POSITIVE SPORTSMANSHIP
If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!ALL SPORTS PASSES - PLEASE RENEW YOUR PASSES
CENTER GROVE SPORTS NETWORK
Webcasts and information for CG teams:
FOLLOW THE MIC CONFERENCE ON INSTAGRAM
FORMS & POLICIES
A completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2019, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
FOR A PHYSICAL TO BE COMPLETE IN THE CG ATHLETIC OFFICE, ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED:
(All necessary forms needed for a COMPLETED PHYSICAL IN THE CG ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT are linked below with **.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowlegement and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)