RETURN TO SCHOOL: 2020-2021
Center Grove Schools' administrators, along with our teachers' association, have developed a 2020-21 Return to School plan following our extended closure due to COVID-19. The safety of our students and staff remains our top priority. We are implementing safety measures as recommended, along with a thorough 3-step cleaning process in all school buildings. We have also worked to make as few changes as possible to our school day and school calendar.
Superintendent Arkanoff, the other Johnson County school district superintendents, and Johnson County health officials developed guiding principles for reopening schools. Center Grove's guiding principles are a reflection of those principles:
Center Grove Schools 2020-21 Guiding Principles for Reopening
- Center Grove Schools will start the 2020-21 school year as scheduled (link to CGCSC 2020-21 Calendar), unless otherwise directed by state or local health officials.
- Center Grove Schools will be in session for in-person classes five days a week, unless otherwise directed by state or local health officials.
- Center Grove Schools will limit school building visitors.
- Center Grove Schools will implement appropriate safety measures as recommended by state and county health officials. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Strongly encourage students and staff members to wear masks with masks required in some settings
- Provide frequent opportunities for handwashing and/or hand sanitation.
- Require students and staff to be fever free (and fever-reducing medication free) for 72 hours prior to returning to school.
We have provided specific details, links, and information about Center Grove's 2020-21 Return to School plan on pages of this website.
Click here to view the Indiana State Department of Health COVID-19 Dashboard.