Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Amy O'Brien
Welcome to Middle School STEM! We are excited to share this opportunity with you!
Together we will:
(1) Research relevant topics that generate new awarenesses,
(2) Apply a problem solving protocol to solve problems encountered in life,
(3) Engage in productive teamwork to brainstorm ideas and organize information in a variety of ways,
(4) Build, create, and design solutions to different problems and/or questions, and
(5) Participate in hands-on inquiry and open-exploration while recording observations and drawing conclusions.
STEM at Center Grove is an interdisciplinary approach to inquiry and discovery in which students collaborate and innovate to solve relevant, real-world problems.
Mrs. Amy O'Brien
Phone: (317) 885-8800 (ext. 224)
Please use the following guidelines when communicating with me:
- Use "inbox" found in your left Global Navigation Panel (left side under Canvas Logo) to communicate questions with me. This will ensure your messages get to me in a timely manner. View the Canvas Guide to using Inbox for Students. to help
- I will respond to your question within 24 hours, unless the questions happen over a weekend or holiday. If your question occurs over a weekend or holiday, I will periodically check my email and will respond as soon as I can.
- Come prepared with class materials and a positive attitude.
- Respect yourself and others.
- Always do your best.
- Do not pack up early. Wait to be dismissed.
- Use appropriate school etiquette at all times .
- Read announcements, inbox messages, and assignment feedback.
- Submit assignments on time.
- Check that assignments are submitted correctly each time.
- Amount of homework will vary from day to day.
- Late homework is accepted but will remain a zero in Skyward until graded.
- Be on time.
- Have all of your materials and work.
- Positive citizenship.
If you have special needs that may require additional accommodations or modifications to instruction or assessment, please make sure a copy of your IEP is on file with Center Grove Community School Corporation. You may contact Allison Chance, Director of Special Education, at email@example.com (Links to an external site.), so that we can determine how to make necessary accommodations available to best support your personal learning needs.