ELEMENTARY: GRADES K-5
Canvas: Students will need to log into Canvas each day to submit their attendance and complete their work. Students will need to log into Canvas via the browser (Chrome) instead of the app. If you need your child's login information for Canvas, please follow the steps below.
- Log into your student Skyward account
- Select "Portfolio" along the far left toolbar
- Select the top options "20-21 student login info"
- Select Run report
- Select View reports (this can take up to a minute)
If you have never used a Center Grove username and password, please contact your child's school. They will be able to assist you in getting an account created.
Parents are encouraged to become a "Canvas Observer" in order to monitor and support your child. You can use the 2020-2021 Canvas Parent Observation Instructions to become a Parent Observer.
Live Zoom Meetings: Many of our live class Zoom meetings will be recorded to ensure all students have access to the same content. Zoom meetings will occur inside of Canvas and recorded meetings will only be posted inside of Canvas. If you have any questions or concerns regarding Zoom meetings don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher.Logging into a device:Full email = email@example.comPassword = unique CG password
- Logging into Canvas:
- username = brennkat000
- password = unique CG password
On-Time Academic Progress
Students engaging with and completing their academic assignments is critical to their success in virtual learning.
Attendance (Updated 1/7/21)
- Students are given a window of time to complete their work.
- While all work does not have to be turned in on the day it is assigned, it is expected to be completed within that window of time and submitted by the closing dates.
- Each week, a report will be run in Canvas that monitors student time on task with their assignments and work submissions. Students ONLY submitting the attendance quiz but NOT engaging with the academic content could be reported as absent.
Students must complete the attendance quiz every day to be counted present. An unsubmitted attendance quiz will result in an unexcused absence marked in Skyward.
- Students need to begin each learning day by going into their homeroom course and completing the attendance module.
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
Parents need to report absences via Pick-up Patrol.
- If your child will be absent from a full day of learning, then we ask that you report it to Pick up Patrol (PUP).
- The student will not need to fill out the attendance quiz in Canvas for the day they are reported absent.
- If your child will only miss a portion of the day, but will still engage, no absence needs reported.
- You have received an email from Pick up Patrol with instructions and a link to register. The link will expire but you are able to request a new link via email.
In order for an absence to be marked “excused,” parents should submit the appropriate documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Documentation is only needed when a student will miss a full day of learning.
- Students will be given the same number of days to complete their work as days excused.
Virtual learners are still required to report a positive COVID-19 diagnosis or quarantine to the school.
- If your child tests positive or is quarantined due to symptoms or contact tracing, please email their teacher and email@example.com.
Click here to view the elementary virtual supply list.
The student handbook policies and procedures apply to all Center Grove virtual students.
Your child’s school principal will continue to communicate with you. Additionally, Katie Brennan, Coordinator of Connected Learning, will include your family in communication. Please ensure that your contact information is updated in Skyward Family Access.
Exceptional Learners- Special Education, English Language Learners, and High Ability
We want to make sure that we are meeting the needs of every Virtual student. Students with IEPs, ILPs, S504s, or high ability identification will have services designed to fit their programming.
CGCSC is excited to provide meal pick-up for our CG Virtual students. The USDA has extended its Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) as part of COVID-19 relief through the end of the 2020-21 school year. This means all students in Center Grove can receive reimbursable meals for breakfast and/or lunch at no cost through May or until USDA funding is depleted. We want to make these meals available to Virtual students as well.
HOW IT WILL WORK
Parents/Guardians will receive an email each week with a form to request pick up for the following week.
MEAL PICK UP SCHEDULE
- Meals for Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays will be available for pick up on Mondays from 10:00-10:15 AM.
- Meals for Thursdays and Fridays will be available for pick up on Thursdays from 10:00-10:15 AM.
- Parents/Guardians must sign up each week to reserve the meals.
- Parents/Guardians must pick up the meals during the designated time at their home school.
- Meals will be picked up curbside.
- More information and a menu are available at this link.