Car Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Student Safety is a top priority at North Grove Elementary School. In an effort to ensure the safe arrival and departure of students, the North Grove administrative team has partnered with the Center Grove Police Department to establish the following procedures and guidelines.
Morning Drop-off Procedures (See Image Below):
Students should not be dropped off in the front of the school. This area is reserved for daycare vans or individuals visiting the office.
Parents should follow the car rider line to drop off students on the east side of the school. Directions are marked on the parking lot pavement, having car rider line traffic follow the east parameter of the parking lot. Students are then dismissed along the sidewalk next to the school, where school staff is there to greet and direct students. Drop off time is 8:45-9AM.
New Afternoon Procedures:
Due to COVID-19, parents will not be entering the building to pick up their children at dismissal. We will be implementing a new car rider line procedure, utilizing the same traffic flow as morning drop-off.
Any student that is a car rider everyday or most days will need a car rider number and tag. Families will be assigned one number and all siblings will use the same assigned number. Each student will have a backpack tag with the corresponding tag that the parent/guardian has in their vehicle. The car rider tag will need to be displayed each day at dismissal, hanging from the interior rearview mirror.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Enter the campus through the east entrance of the building.
- Follow the markings on the parking lot pavement, having car rider line traffic follow the east parameter of the parking lot.
- The dual-lined traffic will merge on the west side of the parking lot.
- Once a car reaches the sidewalk next to the school, drivers will place the car in park.
- The loading zone is the entire sidewalk that runs between doors 8 and 9.. It will be staffed with members from NGES to ensure safety!
- Cars will pull to the next available space and come to a stop. Once a student(s) exits the building, the student(s) will load their vehicle on the passenger side. All drivers and other passengers must remain in the vehicle.
- Once students are safely secured, the car will then be dismissed to proceed through the line to exit the school parking lot.
- ALL VEHICLES MUST TURN RIGHT (WEST) ONTO FAIRVIEW RD. This is to prevent traffic delays within the car rider line.
- Pick up time is 3:40 each day and 2:55 on Early Release Wednesdays. Please be in the line BY 3:35 or 2:50 to make sure all students are accounted for before releasing buses. If you cannot be in the line at these times other arrangements need to be made.