The end of school is coming soon and we have had a great year in our music classroom. It has been a pleasure having your child in class and I look forward to having him/her again next year, if still in elementary school.
I encourage you to keep your child involved in some type of musical activity during the summer. There are many ways to do this:
Music Camps provide an often engaging and fun way to gain more experience in music.
- The ICC Summer Choral Festival brings together kids who love to sing for a week of music-making and fun! Choral Festival runs June 4-7 or July 23-27 for grades 1-8. Register online for either activity here.
- Find more information about Indianapolis area summer arts camps at this link.
Private lessons also offer a wonderful opportunity for musical enrichment. In this situation a child is able to receive one on one instruction with a specialist. Find a list of Southside teachers on my "Music Calendar & More!" tab, on the left. If your family schedule does not allow for either of these activities, then I encourage you to:
- Attend live concerts with your child.
- Suggest involvement for your child in church, civic and family music performances.
- Listen to a variety of music at home or in the car.
I want to thank you for the support and encouragement you have provided during the year. The rewards for enhancing your child’s musical experiences are endless.
Please do not hesitate to call me at 887-8525 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like more information. Have a wonderful summer and I look forward to seeing you in the Fall!
Mr. Newsham, Music Teacher
Pleasant Grove Elementary School
887-8525 ext. 7201