We are pleased to report the healthy progress and steady growth of our music program and more importantly, your child who is involved with quality music making.
In our music program we provide an opportunity for artistic expression that a student could not experience on his/her own. But our program goes beyond the development of basic skills and artistic talent. We are dedicated to developing the following values:
- Individual responsibility
- Group and individual respect
- Personal trust
- Genuine caring
- Commitment to our musical family
The implementation, reinforcement and integration of these principles serve as the foundation for our program. Our mission is to develop a musical community. Before we can attain harmony, balance and blend within the music, we have to build and strengthen our personal relationships within the group. We must create a safe atmosphere that encourages risk, growth, persistence and a focus on excellence. In our musical family, everyone counts. Our winning combination is:
Parental Support + Student Desire + Teacher Guidance = CERTAIN SUCCESS
Success creates success. Success in music translates to success in life. Our students experience being a part of this successful musical community by:
- CARING for other students who share a similar dream.
- RESPECTING self and fellow musicians.
- Demonstrating RESPONSIBILITY on and off the performance stage.
- Manifesting TRUST by being dependable and honest.
- Role modeling the standards of our musical FAMILY.
We thank you for your support, and remind you that YOU are a key ingredient in our recipe for success!
In the interest of our music students,
Mr. Newsham, Music Teacher
Pleasant Grove Elementary School
887-8525 ext. 7201