ATHLETICS EVENTS & INFORMATION
- Our Boys Cross Country Team, who won the Regional title on Saturday at Franklin! The girls finished as Regional Runners-Up and also qualified to advance. Good luck to both Girls and Boys teams this Saturday at the Shelbyville Semi-State Meet!
- Our Volleyball Team, who won the Sectional Championship Saturday night at Franklin by defeating Franklin, 3-0. Good luck to our Lady Trojans this Saturday at the Bloomington North Regional Tournament, where they will play Columbus East in the morning round. (The schedule is below.)
- Our Girls Soccer Team, who advanced to the Elite Eight by defeating Bloomington South, 2-1, in the Saturday morning game of the Bloomington South Regional. The girls lost a tough one later that night in the Championship game to Castle, 2-1. A good run and a great season, ladies!
- Our Football Team – as well as all 6A schools - will have a Bye this week as the IHSAA playoffs begin around the state. Our Trojans will play at Columbus East on Friday, November 1st at 7:00 pm. If they defeat the Olympians, the team will play at Home on Friday, November 8th at 7:00 pm vs. Franklin Central or Columbus North.
Athletic Events For the Upcoming Week:
Saturday – October 26th
- Volleyball – Regional Tournament @ Bloomington North
- 11:00 am Providence vs. Castle
- 1:00 pm CG vs. Columbus East
- 7:00 pm Championship Match
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls) – Semi-State Meet @ Shelbyville
- 10:30 am Girls Varsity
- 11:15 am Boys Varsity
Good-luck to all of our student-athletes and coaches!
RECOGNIZING POSITIVE SPORTSMANSHIP
If you see positive sportsmanship on display from any school, please use the link below to report it. A positive report gives a school one sportsmanship point with the IHSAA. We can all work together to report all of the positive situations going on in the MIC, which far outweigh the negative. Just click on Exemplary Sportsmanship Report via this link.
Thank you! We appreciate your support!ALL SPORTS PASSES - PLEASE RENEW YOUR PASSES
CENTER GROVE SPORTS NETWORK
Webcasts and information for CG teams:
FOLLOW THE MIC CONFERENCE ON INSTAGRAM
FORMS & POLICIES
A completed IHSAA Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (PPE) form, dated after April 1st, 2019, must be on file with the Center Grove Athletic Department prior to participation in any IHSAA sport for the 2019 - 2020 school year.
FOR A PHYSICAL TO BE COMPLETE IN THE CG ATHLETIC OFFICE, ALL ITEMS BELOW MUST BE COMPLETED:
(All necessary forms needed for a COMPLETED PHYSICAL IN THE CG ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT are linked below with **.)
- The IHSAA PPE form must be signed by a physician (MD or DO). No pre-signed or pre-stamped forms will be accepted.
- The physician license number must be affixed on page 2.
- The parent signatures must be affixed to the form on pages 1 and 4.
- The student-athlete signature must be affixed to pages 1 and 4.
- The Center Grove Athletic Information and Signature Card AND Concussion and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Acknowlegement and Signature Form for Parents and Students MUST accompany the IHSAA PPE form in order for the documentation to be complete in the Athletic Office. Forms are the first 3 listed below.
- Incoming Freshmen ONLY have to file an RDT Consent form with the Athletic Department/High School. (Listed as 4th document below)