GOAL 2: STEM INTEGRATIONStudents will increase their performance in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
Center Grove strives to ensure students have every opportunity to discover and excel in the areas of STEM (Science Technology Engineering, and Math. The STEM disciplines are consistently among the top jobs on US News and World Report's Top 100 Jobs list. This goal aims to provide 100% of K-8 students with project-based experiences and intentional STEM integration, including exposures to STEM careers.
GOAL PROGRESS STEM INTEGRATIONPROGRESS UPDATE
- Class visits to the Innovation Center include teacher professional development.
- Middle school programming during Innovation Center visits are team/grade-level based.
- Elementary schools have STEM kits (Snap Circuits, Knex, Lego Bricks & Lego StoryStarters). BreakoutEDU, Rubrix cubes, Lazer Kits, Sphero, Google Cardboard, and Google Expeditions are also available kits to all teachers.
- Work continues on a Global Campus Innovation Course focused on development of innovation, creativity, 21st century skills, entrepreneurial thinking, and design thinking.
- Our achievements in STEM have received recognition at the community, state, and national levels. We continue to host site visits for schools throughout the state who are interested in starting a STEM/Innovation initiative.
STRATEGY 2.1: COMPLETE
STRATEGY 2.2: COMPLETE
STRATEGY 2.3:IN PROGRESSSTRATEGY 2.4:IN PROGRESS
IN PROGRESSWe will provide our instructional staff with the staffing resources necessary to improve their proficiency in STEM instruction.We will create anInnovation Center to support and enhance STEM and PBL (Project-Based Learning), while extending the learning opportunities available to our students before, during and after the school day.We will adopt curriculum and resources that align with the appropriate standards, while promoting STEM instruction at the highest levels.We will increase ourparticipation in, andoffering of, STEM-relatedextracurricular activities.We will increase thenumber andinvolvement of community partners to promote real-worldexperiences in STEM.