OPERATIONS FUNDBUDGET ASSUMPTIONSOctober 25, 2018
- Transfer: revenue will come partially from a transfer of $5,590,000 from the Education Fund
- Miscellaneous Taxes: these have been estimated proportionally the same as 2018
- Building Rental: revenue is projected about the same as the prior year
- Total Revenue: estimated to be $18,550,000
- Transfer: Some expenditures have been transferred from the old General Fund into this fund
- Staff changes:
- 2 New School Security Officers
- 1 New School Resource Officer (partially paid from a grant)
- 1 new bus driver in the fall of 2018 and 2 in the fall of 2019
- All staff for Walnut Grove Elementary starting in the fall of 2019
- Utilities: We have seen significant increases in utility costs in the last 6 months. The budget for all utilities for 2019 has increased by $321,000 from the prior year.
- Property/Liability/Auto Insurance: We have budgeted $312,000 a slight decrease from the prior year.
- Technology and Building Improvement Projects: Expenditures will be partly in CPF and partly in an additional bond issues of $1,990,000 for building projects and $1,990,000 for technology. More details about expenditures can be found in the individual site plans and the list of CPF projects
- Bus Plan:
- We have assumed 5% inflation in the cost of buses each year.
- The total cost of replacement buses needed in 2019 is $594,000 to replace 6 buses at a cost of $108,000 each for 78-passenger buses.
- In 2019, five additional 78-passenger buses are needed.
- Total cost of the above 11 buses is $1,134,000
- Gasoline: It is very difficult to predict fuel costs:
- Total Expenditures:
- Estimated to be $18,490,000
- We have a surplus of revenue over expenditures of $60,000
Tax Rate/Levy Assumptions:
- Levy: This new fund has a maximum levy that increases by a growth quotient every year. This is a new process, so we will see the maximum levy for the first time when our 2019 budget order is given to us by the state. They have estimated the maximum levy to be $10,972,200