MSC Trojan Swimming2020 StaffBoys Coach - Casey HedeenGirls Coach - Sam DikemanDiving Coach - Brian Glover
Things to Know for Middle School Swimming
Middle School Swimmer
o Be ready to practice at the time indicated on the calendar. We have short practice times, so we will start promptly at the time listed.
o Wear appropriate swimsuits
o Have a positive attitude
o Bring two towels, swim wear, cap, goggles, non-carbonated drinks (water, Gatorade, etc.) and healthy food
o Please wear either a solid black swimsuit or the team swimsuit
o You must ride the bus to all meets. Students will be allowed to ride home with parents if a parent signs them out. ***If you can’t attend a swim meet because of illness, contact a coach by noon the day of the meet. There are no other excuses for missing a meet. One person being gone can affect the lineup for the entire meet.-THIS MAY CHANGE DUE TO COVID
Middle School Parents
o Please encourage your swimmer. This is a fun experience.
o Feel free to ask any questions you have after practice or after meets. If you need to get a hold of me, please do so by e-mail or phone.
CGMS Swim Practice Policy
9. Everyone is required to be at all practices on time.
10. If you have to miss practice, you need to notify your coach before the practice. It is the coach’s decision whether it will be excused or unexcused.
11. If you miss a practice and neglect to tell the coach prior to practice, it will count as an unexcused absence. **If you are going to be absent at school, please call or e-mail before practice.
12. An unexcused absence will result in not participating in the next scheduled meet. Three total unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the team.
13. Rules set up by the athletic training department will be strictly enforced. They are for your safety.
14. Not following pool safety rules can cause personal injury or death and result in dismissal from the team.
15. If you have to miss a swim meet you must notify the coach by noon the day of the meet. An unexcused meet absence will result in removal from the next meet.
Additional Items & Reminders
o Homework is NOT an excuse to miss practice. You have made a commitment to this team and MUST be at practice.
o Boys MUST wear a team shirt for team pictures.
o Calendar attached is subject to change Contact Information
o Boys’ Swim Coach- Casey Hedeen: Casey.firstname.lastname@example.org
o Girls’ Swim Coach- Samantha Dikeman: Dikemans@centergrove.k12.in.us
o Sign up for Remind101 for updates and reminders: →Send a text to 81010 with the message @b78778
***Bus will always leave and drop off at the Hall of Excellence at the high school.
This is how teams will be divided up.
Red team will have 20 slots for boys and girls will have 25, Black and White will be divided up equally, Gold will be new swimmers new to swimming that need to learn the fundamentals.