Considering Collegiate Athletics?
COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC REQUIREMENTSIf you are considering Collegiate Athletics, please visit the NCAA Clearinghouse website http://web1.ncaa.org/eligibilitycenter/common/Information must be completed at the end of the Junior year of high school.The NCAA has changed Initial-Eligibility Academic Requirements for Division I student-athletes starting in 2016 and beyond. Here is a power point that the NCAA Eligibility Center has put together to help educate all of those involved (administrators, counselors, parents, student-athletes): http://content.ncaa.org/ncaa-ama/High_School_IE_Standards.pdf. Please take a look at this extremely informational presentation. It is our goal that no high school student-athlete who will graduate in 2016 and beyond get caught off guard by these new Division I standards.Free resources for NCAA eligibility questions:
INFORMATION REGARDING RECRUITINGThis is a very comprehensive and informational website that gives the answers many are looking for. They have two different sets of webinars on the website: one for athletes/parents, and the other for High School Staff. This site can be very beneficial for those unfamiliar with the recruiting process. The webinars are about one hour in length, but the information is presented in a way to keep the participants engaged.
- Guide for the College-Bound Student-Athlete- The Guide is a highly comprehensive tool, that has been designed to help you understand the NCAA initial-eligibility process and to prepare student-athletes for transitioning from high school to becoming an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete. http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/CBSA.pdf
- Initial-Eligibility Brochure- A quick guide to the standards and steps that it takes to become an NCAA Division I or II student-athlete. http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/EB13.pdf
- Eligibility Center Quick Reference Sheet- A complete breakdown of the NCAA Divisions I and II initial-eligibility standards. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Quick_Reference_Sheet.pdf
- New Academic Requirements Document- This document discusses the new academic standards for student-athletes enrolling at a college or university on or after August 1, 2016. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_center/Important_New_Rules/New_IE_Rules.pdf
- Initial-Eligibility Online Course- This free course is designed to educate coaches, parents, and counselors about the NCAA's initial-eligibility requirements. After completing the course, you will be more prepared to advise your student-athletes about the necessary steps to become certified to compete in NCAA Divisions I and II athletics. http://www.nfhslearn.com/electiveDetail.aspx?courseID=14000