- Center Grove Community School Corporation
- Center Grove Newsroom
Center Grove Newsroom
- Center Grove Headlines
- The Grove Gazette Newsletter
- 2021 News Releases
- 2020 News Releases
- 2019 News Releases
- 2018 News Releases
- 2017 News Releases
- 2016 News Releases
- 2015 News Releases
- 2014 News Releases
- 2013 News Releases
- Submit Story Ideas
- Media Contact Information
CGCSC to reimburse 20-21 student meal charges
(September 23, 2020) - As part of the USDA Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) expansion for COVID-19 relief, Center Grove will refund families in all nine Center Grove Schools for all reimbursable meal charges paid during the 2020-21 school year. Those refunds will be credited to your student's Food Service account and available to review in Skyward Family Access.
The SFSP program will allow Center Grove to provide free meals to our students at no cost through December. This program is scheduled to continue through December, unless USDA funding is depleted sooner. Families will be notified as soon as possible when the program will end.
- Student accounts will be credited with the cost of all reimbursable meals (breakfast & lunch) purchased since the start of school on August 12.
- All reimbursable breakfast and lunch meals (not including items purchased a la carte) will be provided at no charge for the duration of this program.
- Students will continue to be charged for a la carte items.
- Families who are eligible for Free/Reduced fees must still fill out a Free and Reduced Meals Application as soon as possible to receive free/reduced textbook fees.
- A reimbursable lunch includes 3-5 meal components (meat or meat alternative, grain/bread, fruit, vegetable, and milk), one of which must be a fruit or vegetable.
- A reimbursable breakfast includes at least three of the offered items, including one fruit or vegetable.
- More information on meals is available on our Food & Nutrition Services website.
- Credits were posted beginning September 16.
- As of September 10th, CG students have not been charged for reimbursable meals.
- Meal pick up will be available for CG Virtual students beginning Wednesday, September 23.
- No changes are planned for our school menus.
- Menus are available via our Nutrislice program.
- While we will not be charging for reimbursable meals, we welcome any donations to our Food Service Angel Fund. In all Center Grove Schools, no child is denied a meal. The Angel Fund is used to cover students' negative lunch account balances.
- As part of the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), free meals will be made available to all CGCSC students in the school setting. There will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service among our students.
- In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
- Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English
- To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at this link and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; fax: (202) 690-7442; or email. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.