Retirement - Certified Staff
RETIREMENT BENEFITS | CERTIFIED STAFF
How do I know if I have enough years to retire from Center Grove Community School Corporation?
You must be between the ages of 50-59 with 15 years of experience with CGCSC or age 60 with 10 years of experience with CGCSC. Center Grove will recognize early retirement for certified staff members that meet early retirement eligibility with the Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS).
I know I am eligible to retire from Center Grove Community School Corporation, what is my next step?
If you are eligible to retire, you are required to submit a written letter of retirement via email or paper copy to your Principal/Director and Human Resources.
Do I receive any benefits from Center Grove Community School Corporation when I am ready to retire?
If you have benefits, our Benefits Specialist, Lynae Froman, will send you information regarding retirement, once your retirement is approved. You will be paid your daily per diem for any unused personal days.
What if I am a member of TRF (Teachers Retirement Fund)? If you are a TRF member with the Indiana Public Retirement System (INPRS,) you will need to contact them at least 90 days before you decide to retire if you qualify. Here are the eligibility requirements in order to qualify:
- Age 65 with 10 years of service
- Age 60 with 15 years of service
- At age 55 if age and creditable years of service total at least 85
- Early retirement with reduced benefits between the ages of 50-59 with 15 years of service
- At age 70 with 20 years of service (Actively employed members who have completed at least 20 years of service may apply for retirement benefits at age 70, remain actively employed and receive monthly benefits.)
- For more information, you can read “TRF at a Glance” at this link.
- To contact INPRS directly, call 844-GO-INPRS (844-464-6777)
- Your call will be answered by an automated voicemail system, which will prompt you to enter your social security number and passcode. If you don’t have both readily available, here’s a hint that will allow you to reach one of their representatives – just stay on the line. When the request goes unanswered following the second prompt, the phone system will automatically transfer you to a representative.
- Website: www.in.gov/inprs