*Updated July 15, 2021
STAY HOME WHEN SICK - WASH HANDS OFTEN
OPTIONAL for students and staff under most circumstances, including classrooms, hallways, cafeterias, buses, and athletic facilities. May be required in clinics and for those identified quarantined as close contacts who wish to return to school on days 8-11.
Classrooms to observe 3' of social distancing when possible. Elementary cafeterias may reduce social distancing with a goal of 3' distance where possible. Secondary will return to normal with distancing to 3' when possible, 6' spacing when possible for activities with increased exhalation.
Parents/guardians will be allowed to volunteer when vaccinated or wearing face coverings. Visitors will be allowed for events outside the school day. Lunch-time visitors will not be allowed. Building rentals will resume. All visitors should either be vaccinated or wear a mask while in the building.
Enhanced 3-step cleaning practices will continue in all school buildings and on school buses with special attention to high-touch areas, including water fountains and restrooms.
Extra-curricular and co-curricular activities may return to normal with additional safety measures as required for participants.
Positive cases and symptomatic close contacts will be required to isolate/quarantine as required by the IDH and may return per CGCSC Quarantine Guidelines.
Per Indiana Code (410 IAC 1-2.5), ALL individuals identified as close contacts MUST be quarantined from school.
- Positive cases (symptomatic): Must isolate for 10 days from symptom onset.
- Positive cases (asymptomatic): Must isolate for 10 days from the date of the test.
Quarantine length is 10 days from the date of exposure
- The Johnson County Health Department defines a close contact as an individual within 3’ or less for at least 15 minutes regardless of the wearing of masks.
- Cases of physical contact, such as athletics or extra/co-curricular activities, will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
RETURNING FROM QUARANTINE
Center Grove will allow two (2) options to return from quarantine if asymptomatic.
All individuals identified as a close contact will not have to quarantine if they:
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated; OR
- Provide proof of an independent positive COVID test within the past 6 months; OR
- Provide proof of an antibody test within the past 6 months.
- Masked at all times on bus and during the school day, no exceptions.
- Distance of at least 3 feet from others when inside the classroom, forward facing and receiving instruction during the school day.
- Lunch to be eaten separately from others as mask will be off when eating. Remain 6 ft. from others.
- Symptom monitoring daily by parents and if needed by school staff during the school day.