HEALTH & WELLNESS
Center Grove will implement precautionary measures to limit the exposure of students/staff to COVID-19. Should an infection be reported, immediate actions will be taken. Information on those actions can be found on this page.
We appreciate the cooperation of our families, staff, and community members in supporting these efforts.
COVID-19 symptoms mimic most common illnesses, which makes it difficult to determine if a person has the virus. Current guidance is that COVID-19 usually presents with more than one symptom.
Clinic staff is not able to diagnose students/staff members. The only way to confirm a diagnosis is through testing. Because of this, parents/guardians should screen their students daily for symptoms. Please err on the side of caution and keep your student home if they are exhibiting signs of illness.
If clinic staff examines the student and suspects COVID-19, then additional instructions will be given to parents/guardians when they arrive to pick up the student including when they can return to school. If students are sent home from the clinic with suspected COVID-19, they will be excluded for 10 days unless they have a doctor’s note with an alternate diagnosis.
We encourage all students/staff members who exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 to seek further guidance from a healthcare professional.
(*Click link above for more information)
- Students (parents)/employees should perform a check for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to school.
- If the answer is yes to any of the below questions, please do not come to school:
- In the past 48 hours, have you experienced any of these symptoms: a fever over 100.0 degrees or taken medication for fever, a recent loss of taste or smell, muscle aches, chills or shaking, sore throat, recent cough, headache, more tired than usual, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, trouble breathing/shortness of breath?
- Have you been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 minutes or longer) with someone with a diagnosis of COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 10 days or are you awaiting test results from a COVID-19 test?
SCHOOL EXCLUSION RULES
- Students/employees should not come to school if they are experiencing illness symptoms:
- Fever (100.0 or above)
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sore throat
- Muscle or body aches
- Students/employees should not return to school until they are “fever-free” for 24-hours and 10 days from the start of symptoms.
- This applies to any fever over 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit unless a health care provider can provide documentation that the student/staff member may safely return to school.
- If a student/employee believes he/she has contracted COVID-19, he/she should contact a health care provider for further instructions.
- Isolation: Keeps someone who is sick or tested positive for COVID-19 without symptoms away from others, even in their own home
- Quarantine: Keeps someone who was in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 away from others.
- Close contact: Within 6 feet of a confirmed case for more than 15 minutes